“Deuce One Nine Revised”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Yesterday I submitted a review that was wrong ,as far as the rating bar goes. I didn't realize that the arrow was showing the first circle as terrible, I thought the last circle was terrible. So please reverse all my terrible ratings for the hotel to excellent to match the review I submitted. This place and staff (top - bottom) are "SIMPLY THE BEST" like I stated in yesterdays review.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Jimmy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am glad that you caught the mistake you made on the review, and corrected it. More importantly, we appreciate the 5 years your group has stayed with us, and we look forward to many more to come! We are glad that your extended circle of friends and family from your childhood are able to enjoy our facilities and make this your second home when you all gather every year for your reunion!

We pride ourselves in providing top notch customer service, and are glad to see that, once again, we have succeeded in this goal!

Your business and your friendship mean the world to us, and we all are looking forward to having you as our guests again next year!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was planning on staying in the Country Inn & Suites in Hampton VA but they were sold out. The location of the Newport News location was perfect, 5 minutes from Hampton and directly off the interstate. The staff were friendly the hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. I would definetely stay here again. Thanks for the warm welcome and the nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask about their romantic package if you are traveling with your romantic partner. They had a large...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh M
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your business and your excellent review. We go out of our way to provide the absolute best in customer service to each and every one of our guests. I am glad that you and your loved one enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the area!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at this beautiful inn a couple weeks ago. It is a convenient location, the staff are amazing and the accommodations are more than sufficient. Earlene and her team keep the rooms spotless and the GM Steve does a fine job of helping guests find good restaurants, museums, etc. I have a new contract that will put me in the Newport News area at least once a month for the next couple years, and I will be staying here each and every time!

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room to have a quieter stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for your review and your business. We look forward to having you as our guest for years to come! We go out of our way to provide the best in service to each and every one of our guests and I am glad to see that we have continued that tradition with you! If there is anything further I can do to make your stays even better, don't hesitate to ask!

If you haven't already, why don't you signup for Club Carlson? You can earn points towards free nights, gift cards, and much, much more! Please contact me for more information.

Thanks again for your business and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit with us!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have used this hotel repeatedly over the last few year for our high school track team. The manager, Stephen Barger, and his staff have been extremely accommodating and have meet our every need. The continental breakfast is fresh and clean with friendly worker staff. Additionally the hotel is very quiet and the beds are excellent. I already have 2 more group reservations for the near future. I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling in the Hampton/Newport News area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Woodbridge Track,

Thank you so much for your great review! We appreciate having you as regular guests here, and hope to continue earning that honor for years to come! We pride ourselves in our amazing staff, and I appreciate you mentioning our staff in your review.

Again, thank you for your review, and I look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to a show at ferguson art center stayed for one night. Very clean. Pleasant staff close to christopher newport university. Quiet and comfortable Breakfast was only ok coffe was good servers for breakfast very nice. Food only ok

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear VirginiaCandy,

Thank you so much for your excellent review, and your business! In these tough economic times, we realize there are many choices for hotels, and we go out of our way to provide the best service, and the best stay possible! We are always exploring ideas that would further improve our product and our service, and we will see what we can improve with our breakfast.

I am thrilled to see that you loved your stay with us, and I look forward to having you as our guest for years to come! There are dozens of great performances at the Ferguson Center for the Arts throughout the year, and as you noted, we are located just a few short minutes from there.

Again, thank you for your business and your wonderful review. I hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites while visiting family in Newport News during the Thanksgiving holiday. Our stay was excellent. The hotel and room were clean and comfortable, with a helpful staff. The breakfast was very good with lots of options for starting the day. The food varied from day to day, which was a nice surprise. There are always snacks available in the lobby: a pot of coffee or tea and cookies. Seemed like a home away from home. I'd definitely recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Tina J,

On behalf of the entire Staff & Management, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review and for your business. I know there are many choices for hotels, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We pride ourselves in going the extra mile, in providing those extra touches, to make each and every guests' stay as great as it can be! I am glad to see we are succeeding in that mission!

Again, thanks for the great review, and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for Thanksgiving. We came to Newport News to visit family and am so glad we chose to stay here. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. We didn't check in until midnight and the front desk clerk was still very nice and helpful. Check in was quick they had all our paperwork waiting for us which was nice when checking in with two children who were very tired from the 5 hour drive there. The best part was the pool. It is open until midnight which is great because we were visiting family all day and we could still take the kids swimming before bed! I will stay here anytime we come to Newport News!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear JamieLynn,

Thank you so much for your great review and for your recent stay at our hotel. We know that there are times our guests don't get back to the hotel until late, and that is why we extended our pool hours until midnight, so that you will still have a chance to enjoy our heated indoor pool and hot tub. We have made some changes to our housekeeping program recently, to improve guest satisfaction by working on the small, but important details in the rooms. I am glad to see this is working, and glad to see you loved your stay with us!

I hope to have you as our guest for years to come, when you're in town visiting family & friends!

Thank you again for your stay, see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport News
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 39 in Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Comfort Suites Newport News Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South? Share your experiences!