“Amazing place.... The lunch buffet is a...”
Review of Luigi's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Luigi's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vinny & Sonny Chiarello originally opened their doors as "Luigi's Pizza and Subs" in Newport News, VA in 1987. The brothers moved to Newport News from Queens, NY in 1986-- to their humble beginnings in a small pizza joint just down the road on from where they are currently located on Warwick Blvd. They built their business based on their Italian roots & love of their family's original recipes. Growing up, they learned early on the importance of great food and the tradition of sharing meals with loved ones in groups both large & small. Luigi's quickly grew into a successful full-service restaurant specializing in a variety of pizzas & pastas of their own (now) famous recipes. After 30 years, in 2014, Vinny & Sonny closed Luigi's in hopes of retirement. A Mexican Restaurant in its place just didn't make the cut. Luigi's loyalists pined over the loss through countless calls & emails for over a year. The brother's daughters reopened Luigi's in 2016 to "Revive The Next Generation". & so, The Love is Back!
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Amazing place.... The lunch buffet is a must!! Closed on Mondays....

Reviewed July 6, 2010

My friend an I went to Lluigi's in April, prior to attending the opera, Porgy and Bess. Each of us ordered Veal Parmegiana. We went on to the event and then left our separate ways. When we returned to the office the following Monday, each of us discovered that we began to feel ill during the second act, hurried home because we felt sicker, and each had spent an uncomfortable "up and down" night. The only common denominator was the Veal Parmegiana. Unfortunately, Luigi's is not open on Monday, so I did not report the problem.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

Well, I have lived and spent a lot of time in the New York area. Luigi's is the absolute best in this entire area. From the VERY friendly owners and staff, through the unbelievable garlic knots, right through the HUGE portions and then, dessert!! GEEZ!
But really, the food is excellent. I had always ordered the Italian selections, even though they also have steak on the menu. Well, one day I twisted my arm and ordered the New York Strip. Oh my God!! Best steak in town too!
My vote, hands down, every time! Luigi's is the place to eat.

Reviewed January 1, 2010

i love the garlic knots and the home made tirimisu is fantastic!!

Reviewed August 5, 2009

I have loved Luigi's since they were in the tiny strip-mall location before the fire in the late 90's. I have since moved to the West Coast (1st California and now living in Denver, CO). I have been dreaming of the garlic knots for over a decade since I left VA. Had a friend in town visiting Williamsburg and she sent me 2 orders of garlic knots Fed-EX overnight. It cost almost $40 but filled a pregnancy craving that was worth every penny! It is obvious that NOTHIING has changed. Great food (wonderful marinara), a little bigger place than when I lived in VA, but still small family feel. Wonderful mainstay in a military community. Eat hearty for me!