“Amazing value for BIG EATERS and those on Time crunch”

Hibachi Grill Sushi Buffet
Ranked #135 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Amazing value for BIG EATERS and those on Time crunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We ate here twice last weekend after a recommendation by a friend. It is located in a strip Mall in Denbigh and not a place I would have thought to ever go since there aren't a lot of food places in that area. The inside of the restaurant is gorgeous and quite a stark surprise as compared to the strip mall that seemed really kind of "tired". This is buffet only so if you are a business person and need to meet for lunch and have a limited time schedule, this is perfect. If you have picky eaters, and even young kids, I suspect that everyone can find something to eat as the buffet is VAST. I didn't count, but I would say there are probably close to 100 things to choose from. really. the price for the buffet was $8.99 per person and my kids eat at fast food for that. I cannot possibly list all of the items but I'll do my best to recall what is on it. I recommend perusing all of the stations before beginning to fill your plate because you just can't try everything. There were jellos, puddings and an array of fresh fruit. A small salad bar. Hot rolls and garlic bread. steamed clams, stuffed shrimp, deviled crabs, fried shrimp, calamari, fish, soups, Chicken wings, macaroni and cheese, pizza, fried rice, lo mein, fried wonton, steamed wonton, egg rolls and spring rolls, cheesy crab casserole (this was my favorite dish and though I suspect that the crab was artificial, it was absolutely delicious), coconut chicken, hibaci chicken, general Tso's chicken, salt and black pepper chicken (another amazing dish that I have never heard of before...they also had a salt and black pepper calamari rings that were scrumptious), french fries, sweet and sour chicken, corn on the cob, barbecue pork ribs, prime rib ( this was just ok but you get what you pay for), stuffed baked potatoes, roasted potatos with veggies, shrimp and broccoli, chicken and broccoli....and more. For dessert, they had home made donuts, cookies, ice cream, and items that you can dip in a chocolate fountain. (the desserts were not my favorite , however, I had hardly any room for dessert so it didn't matter to me) They also has a sushi bar that I didn't try because I am not fond of sushi. One thing you will want to try though is FRESH made to order meals that you can get if you go to the rear of the building. There is a tip jar there to tip this chef but if you don't have cash, you can add a tip to your bill upon check out and split it between the chef and your waitress who will be busy cleaning your table of unwanted plates. You can pick up a plate and choose the fresh ingredients that you like and he will grill it before your eyes.
I am simply amazed by the vast amount of food offered , it's fresh appearance, the obvious care to the cleanliness and lovely decor and all priced for just 8.99 per person. Our second visit was after church on Sunday so church goers, this is a great after church place to go and if you have a large party, no worries. TONS of seating. I highly recommend this place for the money. You may try some items that you don't love but I suspect you will enjoy most items and leave more than pleasantly full and know you ate your money's worth ;) Oh, and i noticed you can also do take out and they weigh your meal for pricing!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Beckie B

Washington, DC
“All that food for only $9???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Couldn't believe I could gorge myself for under $10! Enough options to satisfy any picky eaters in your party - prime rib, pork roast, BBQ beef ribs, steamed crawdads, Clams Casino, fried chicken, various types of sushi and sashimi, a chocolate fondue dessert bar, and SIX flavors of finger jello, including lychee! I couldn't finish the fortune cookie they served with the check!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank drwong
Gloucester, Virginia
“awesome for Take out and eat in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We eat in here for special occasions and take out often. Free tea with take out. food is fresh and there is a great variety

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Idreamov
“Hibachi and sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

If you like buffets this one is fine. Overall its clean, well staffed, and the service was good. The hibachi food I had cooked seemed better than the other cooked items. The sushi was okay but not great.

• Visited September 2013