“Amazing hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Amazing hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was absolutely great. The hotel is close to Williamsburg. The price was more than reasonable. Also, it was very clean and the staff was very professional. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: The king/non-smoking room is huge.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cleethorpes, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here 2 weeks in July 2014. Due to my flight being cancelled I had to arrive a day late. Informed hotel and they sorted this out. Upon arrival I was very tired and was greeted and check-in was quick. Spacious and clean room and bathroom. Microwave and fridge were of great use. Air-con was fab. Located close to restaurants and stores which were very close walking distance and movie theatre across the parking lot. Swimming pool and spa were great. Staff greated me as I left and returned to hotel every day and were very pleasant especially Duane and Tyler. The lobby area is nicely decorated and trendy. Will definitely stay here again if I am in the area, highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jessicarobinson
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was here on business this week, and had a really good stay. First, the meeting room (Lee Hall) met our needs perfectly - spacious and comfortable. The staff was wonderful to work with, and made my stay very pleasant. I loved the breakfast each morning (omelets), and the cookies each afternoon. My room was clean and comfortable; I used the gym one day. It's also nice that it is so close to the grocery store!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our room was very clean, comfortable, and large. They have an indoor pool, a gym, and laundry. We checked in late at night and the desk clerk was very pleasant which was nice after a long drive. We chose the breakfast deal and had a delicious breakfast every morning. The waitress and both of the cooks were great. They go above and beyond making delicious food and providing great service. There is smoking allowed in some of the rooms which means the hallway ends up smelling like smoke. We had a room on the 3rd floor in the corner which was perfect because we were close to a side entrance. There were two issues we had that I felt could of been handled better. Our toilet would not flush and our a/c was not working correctly. We had to take the top off of the toilet and manipulated the inside handle to flush the toilet. We were told Sunday that maintenance would fix it for us when they came in that day. Well, when we got back that night it was not fixed. The maintenance man never got to the property that day, but we were never informed. They did fix the toilet for us on Monday and changed a part for the a/c to work better. I was really hoping not to have to bring it up on our checkout because I wanted them to acknowledge their failure to inform us Sunday night that maintenance had not been there to fix either the a/c or the toilet. The toilet was the worst of the issues for obvious reasons. The clerk at the check-out did take care of the two days we had the problem, but only after we asked. She said she did what she could and if needed to follow up with the manager. My only suggestion to management is when anyone mentions that they have to take the top off of a toilet every time they use it or it will not flush; no more should have to be said. They need to take care of their customer and not make the customer mention it again. Overall everything else was great including the location being close to Colonial Williamsburg and Norfolk, the entire hotel was very clean, and the breakfast staff and a few of the desk clerks were super! Yes, I would stay there again despite the issues!

Room Tip: Choose the breakfast package. 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Julianna72
Stafford VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn is a wonderful place to stay. It is a convenient location. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. They have a gym that includes free weights (dumbells), a cable system, and treadmills etc. The breakfast is a treat with made to order omelets among an expansive array of sausages, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and an assortment of fruit and breads.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank StaffordBrave
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean, comfortable, and convenient. We spent one night on our drive to Hatteras. Every thing we needed. Hilton Honors members get free WiFi. Close to restaurants, free breakfast. A special thanks to Duane at the front desk for helping with a mixed up reservation. We will stay again and recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was going to cancel my reservation at this HGI so that I could drive a little further and stay in Virginia Beach for the night instead. So grateful I didn't because the staff here was amazing. I walked in completely exhausted; was given bottled water and a complimentary breakfast ticket and a late checkout. The next morning, I took advantage of my free breakfast. It stops at 10 and I rolled in around 9:45 - there was still plenty of food, the cook was still there to make anything I wanted. Both of the restaurant staff members were awesome. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business