“The only place to stay in Newport News”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have stayed in the Newport News, Virginia Hilton Garden Inn many times. We always return because we know the staff will be friendly and helpful and the rooms will be great, especially the clean bed. We love to take our time over our breakfast in the morning. Their breakfast bar is great, in particular the omelettes, cooked to order. We have never had any problems at this HGI and make it a point to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very friendly staff , clean rooms and very good full breakfast daily. Great location ... Grocery store and movie theaters and many other stores within a very short walking distance. Airport about 5 - 10 minutes away. Fridge & microwave. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We stay here all the time. Very nice hotel and extremely clean. The staff is extremely accommodating! Especially the late night manager and the breakfast lady!
Breakfast is worth coming down to and spending the extra for...
Only down fall is if you get here late (after 9 or 10) there is not much to do...
Otherwise a wonderful hotel....

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First of all I have stayed at my share of garden inns, for me and other gold/diamond members a free made to order breakfast is a great service. Unfortunately this particular hotel needs some help, on and off I have eaten here about20 times this month, trying different selections but they all fall short. Runny oatmeal and overcooked eggs and bacon are some places to work on. Fruit needs to be screened, one morning I bit into a piece of rancid cantelope-had to spit out to avoid barfing everywhere... Just work on the restaurant and the hotel could be a great stay

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014

As the title suggests, I cannot fault the Hilton Garden Inn at Newport News. I stayed for business for 7 nights. The rooms were very comfortable, the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious.

I will definitely stay here if I travel to Newport News again. Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very clean, Very helpful staff, I will stay again. This next statement is about the review process...... (this review requiring 200 characters is very stupid, I really can't believe it, I am have trouble leaving 200 characters).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter recommended the hotel for my stay, and was very impressed with the accommodations - will definitely stay here again! I was able to book another night very easily when the possibility of a snowstorm delaying my departure - fortunately I didn't need it. Everyone was very helpful. I had breakfast every day, and it was very good - the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo