“Pleasant Surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Enjoyed my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Newport News. Was traveling with a friend who picked the hotel and everything was as nice as it good be for what I considered a moderate price. My impression was that everything was very clean and quiet. I especially enjoyed my made to order omelet for breakfast and the nice hot shower in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and my room was quiet. There was even a comfortable chair for reading. Could not ask for anything more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The entire staff is extremely friendly and for business travelers accessing the internet is extremely easy as well breakfast is hot and worth the extra $$ if you are not either gold or diamond hilton honors member

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Syd0602
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The overall hotel and staff were great, but the beds were horrible! Tossed and turned all night long; I woke each morning with a backache and headache. The hotel proximity to good dining and shopping was great. The only thing that would make me stay elsewhere on my next trip is strictly the quality of sleep!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Virginia H
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very nice accomodations, breakfast is extra but worth the cost. When traveling on business, I would recommend this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful and computer and printing services are readily available for the business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vandivere H
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in a wheelchair accessible room with roll-in shower. The room was large, accessible, clean, and comfortable. I have been in supposed higher quality hotels and paid a lot more money for a claimed accessible room/bathroom that was not. This was a decent value. I used the business center which was convenient. Ample parking and convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guy P
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I found this hotel online. We were traveling from Delaware to Virginia for a bridal shower. After a long day traveling and attending the shower, we went to check in to the hotel. A very friendly gentleman at the front desk welcomed us and before I could even get my confirmation paper out of my purse, he had us checked in. We were directed to our room on the first floor right by the pool and fitness center. The room was decorated beautifully and had a 20 foot ceiling....it made the room so spacious. We had the double queen bed room. We had a good night's sleep in the very comfortable beds with soft feather white comforters. The bill was under our door in the morning and it said no need to check out. There was a side door right near our room that went to the parking lot and not going back to the front of the hotel was so convenient.

The price was $99 per night and I think that was a great price for such a nice room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor by the pool and gym....was very quiet. The high ceiling was a bonus...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally P
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Newport News and Williamsburg Hilton Garden Inns are the best Hilton Garden Inns we have stayed at. They have it all - friendliness and helpfulness at reception and the restaurant, cleanliness throughout the facility, quiet rooms so we're not disturbed by other guests, comfortable mattresses with no sagging in the middle (love these new ones where the firmness can be dialed in), made-to-order breakfasts with fresh fruit and other fixings, and a freshness to the facility (not tired). If Hilton could ensure the same quality of accommodations and service in all their locations, they would be our hotel of choice all the time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple