“Clean room, helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Sandston, Virginia
“Clean room, helpful staff”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Newport News is consistently clean, welcoming, have computers in the business center that work and have a great hot breakfast. (Thanks, omelette man!) We stay here whenever we are in the area and are always pleased.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I just want to give a special acknowledgement to Gervan. I appreciated the tip that was given to me on checking in. Right away he made myself and my husband feel special. I'm pretty sure he does the same for all the guest that enter the doors. Also I'd like to thank each room attendant that had a part in making my room and beds as if we had just checked in each day.

• Stayed August 2013
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My experience with the hotel started when I was still shopping around for my stay. (FOR THE HOTEL: Justin closed the deal with his great customer service). This was a nice property with updated rooms and sleep number beds. All the employees showed good customer service skills calling me by name before knowing what room I was in. I had a problem with my room sink not training adequately and it was fixed by the time I got back that afternoon.

The breakfast was a step up from a Hampton Inn pre-made type hot food with eggs, etc to order...I loved the berries, etc every morning. (Did not really care for the taste of the coffee. I was a gold member so my breakfast was complementary. The breakfast waitress (Lynn) was very friendly and accommodating. When she spotted me she had my table set with exactly the condiments, drinks, etc that I had the first day.

The only real con is that only the first floor and rooms are air conditioned so the elevator and hallways were hot, which gave the hotel a cheap feel. However, once in the room with the a/c dropped I quickly forgot about it :)

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Morristown, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel is pretty average, staff were very friendly. The rooms are average to fair, with some noise from the halls. Very smokey hallways, pool was Great. For some reason, the bar and restaurant and room service were closed on the weekend! thankfully, there are lots of nearby hotels. The hotel is at a dead end in a shopping center. Very little plantings very industrial for a hilton Garden INN.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Staff courteous and gracious, excellent accommodations. There is nothing more to say, that TripAdvisor wants to waste my time coming up with 200 minimum characters is aggravating and makes me reluctant to even take part in this survey. I don't check TripAdvisor when I travel anyway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Richmond, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

From check in to check out a very poor experience. If not for sake of my anniversary weekend, would have been better off staying home and saving the money. Think twice before staying here. No one made an effort to make sure we where pleased or happy with the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Union, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel was clean, room smelled fresh. Nothing to dance about, but it was good for the money we spent. Indoor pool was a plus but it was a little smaller than we were used too.. Overall for the Hotel I give them a 7.5-8.

1 Thank Curtis E