“business trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Traveling on business, I found the service and room here were very nice. Breakfast was a separate charge but the omelet chef was quick and quite skilled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business in the Newport News area. It was a convenient 5 minutes travel to the City Center and traffic was not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the interstate, but not directly off of the interstate (you can't hear the noise). A movie theather is within walking distance. The rooms were cleaned. The hotel was nice, granite updates, adjustable comfort beds. This was pricer that the sister Hotel, the Hampton Inn which is very close (Visible from the Hilton). The front desk staff greeted me by name daily, and fresh cookies were made daily. No free breakfast, but a resturant is located inside of the hotel. THe hotel is sucluded and very queit. Also their is an indoor pool and work out facility.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel many times over the years, and we really enjoy staying here. The amenities are great, the hotel is clean, the location is superb and the best part is the warm and friendly staff. All around excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because of its location, price, and for the "Hilton Quality". We got married on July 13th and needed somewhere close to our wedding venue. The staff members were friendly and the room was quiet and comfortable. The down side was the incidental fees, which we were unaware of until check-in. Also the breakfast in the lobby looked great but it comes with a cost. The only free thing on the menu was coffee but there were NO signs to indicate that.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during my family reunion July 12-14th. Had a wonderful time. The hotel was nice and the staff was real friendly. Was given a large corner room. The room was well cleaned and nice and roomy. Was asked if I was a Hilton member and even though I did not have my card on me. They were nice to look it up for me. Needed a late night snack and was given a good pizza spot that delivered.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I were taking a road trip from Rhode Island to North Carolina and stayed at this location along the way. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was spotless, bright and the front desk staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I often stay at Hilton brand hotels on holiday and this one delivered on all the fronts we were expecting.
We had a large, clean, comfortable room with a huge, comfy bed. All the ameneties were just that bit better than the hotel we stayed in the night before: ceramic mugs for the coffee maker v styrofoam; glasses v plastic cups; half & half tubs v creamer powder sachets...
I used the guest laundry while husband used the gym. Both were clean & well maintained.
As usual, the Hilton staff provided friendly, professional, courteous service.
The 2 minor complaints I have are: the curtains in our room didn't exclude all the light & noise from other rooms (running showers, flushing toilets etc) was quite noticeable in the morning when other guests were getting up (our neighbour at 6:30). For light sleepers this could be an issue.
Breakfast was very good with a buffet selection & a chef who made me a delicious omlette.
Overall, I would definitely stay again & would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013