“Very Good Stay”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very Good Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family stayed here on the way down to OBX. The employees are very friendly and accommodations were nice and clean. The hotel is near a cinema and restaurants so there is plenty to do. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I were in Virginia for our son's-in-law retirement from the Navy on July 26-July 28. We had booked at 2 other places before we found the Hilton. The first hotel was booked far in advance and was high on the list of nice Newport News hotels. Our friends got to the hotel first and she called me to say that the hotel had lost power and that the staff was walking around with glow sticks to find their way. We cancelled. Our friends went to a different hotel which they said was OK. When I read the review for the second hotels after I had booked I found that they were having issues with unwanted insects and I cancelled that reservation. We then came upon the Hilton. It was a pleasure. The staff is friendly and courteous and everyone was helpful. Simone checked us in with a smile. She was efficient and sweet. Lym took care of us in the cafe. Our coffee arrived at our table before we did. It was great. Tiffany noticed that my husband was looking for a specific coffee creamer and it appeared. The room was immaculate and quiet. There were plenty of towels. My husband worked for an airline and he always said that the best places to stay were the places that flight crews went. There were several flight crews that checked in during our stay. The beds were comfy and the atmosphere was pleasant. One minor flaw is that TV reception is a little sketchy. It was a flaw that was easily overlooked. We will definitely return and as a gift I will be giving my daughter and son in law a night at the Hilton and I will baby sit.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the turtles
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Second trip here on business and I there's NOTHING I can find wrong with this Garden Inn. I was greeted by name at check in (impressive as my last visit was short and over a month ago), given an excellent room at more than accomodated my needs. I am working a midnight shift and the staff went out of their way to ensure that I had a room that was on the top floor and in a corner. I was able to sleep undisturbed during the day even on weekends when the hotel was filled with families and young children.

When I asked to have the room cleaned during odd hours it was taken care of immediately (very pleasant surprise!).

Big kudos to the management and staff at this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor in the corners are very quiet if you keep odd hours.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn was heat. We had a third floor room with a view over the narrow water way behind the hotel, which was lovely and quiet, we could see the trees, and watch the turtles in the water, and it was lovely and quiet.
Breakfast was great, with fresh cooked options, there was a pool and hot tub. Gee an on the front desk was lovely.
Bed was comfy as always, though unfortunately I found the pillows a little small and firm for my liking.

Room Tip: Room 347 was lovely and quiet.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times. We have never had a bad experience. The staff is wonderful to work with. They are always friendly and ready to help with whatever we ask. The rooms are always clean. The breakfast foods that they offer are great.

The fitness room was great. We spent our off time in there. They have a good variety of equipment to use. Not your typical hotel gym.

I would recommend this hotel again.

1 Thank compblue
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The thing that won me over was the fitness room. Great selection of machines, good TV's, and terrific free weights. The hotel was spotless and and my son loved the adjustable firmness bed. Huge flatscreen tv's a good desk area just topped it off. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Millville, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Me and my boyfriend thought it'd be nice to get away for the weekdays. We started our trip from New Jersey to Virginia around 5 PM. I had called to say that we would have a late arrival. When we had gotten there, tired and ready to sleep, the front desk agent said that we were in a 2 queen room...umm? I had specifically requested a 1 king room. I said is there anything you could do...she said no, we are sold out. I am a front desk agent at a Hampton Inns and Suites, theres always something you could do. Just rude service... I made me reservation 3 weeks ago! I eventually settled for the two beds (one of which we didnt use at all). Check in was very UN-Informative about the hotel. We had settled in and I grabbed my laptop. I COULDNT LOG ON! I don't know if my name wasn't in there yet but there was a ton of confusion and I was getting frustrated. I was too tired to deal with anymore. The next evening when my boyfriend and I had gotten back from our activities I tried again. Still no access! I went downstairs to the front desk girl...the same one who had given me the 2 queen room, no luck at all. I was just plain dissapointed. In the room that I had, the bathroom was more than tiny! I also had a leaky sink with a stain on the floor from it, and none of the housekeepers noticed after 4 days! Breakfast was a little pricey, 8.95 not including the taxes. We ended up going to an Ihop a little down the road. Other than that all of the aboved mentioned, the view was nice a little run off pond with turtles and an otter. Also there is a Regal Cinema next door, we saw a couple new movies. Also enjoyed live music in the dining area the Tuesday night we stayed with dinner, very good food. Very close to Water Country USA. Traffic was a little bit of an issue, always seems to be a delay with accident. When i received my bill, it showed that i was a NO SHOW the first night, I WAS THERE. I guess they didnt put me down for a late check in, thats why I didnt get my original room. I won't be going through this hassle again. Series of unfortunate events.

3 Thank Autumn Z