“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in May as we were in town for a wedding I was in. The place was excellent. I could not say enough about all who worked at the front desk, you all are amazing and friendly! Everyone we walked by said hi with a smile on their face even the guy vacuuming the hallways. This place is super clean and when we were there, they were also working on renervations in the bathrooms. This place looks new and well kept. I love how spacious the rooms are and the breakfast is good because they have made to order omlettes and all the fresh fruit, muffins, oatmeal, etc. It has all the breakfast items you can think of and well worth what you pay for it to eat healthy then eating somewhere else. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and if I'm in the area and need to get a hotel this will be the first place I call!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Cck02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everything was wonderful!!! Hotel was very clean which is a HUGE ++++++! My biggest worry is bed bugs/critters and there was none of that here!!! The staff was super accommodating and friendly! My husband and I ate breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant and it was great quality foods!!! My only "complaint" was that the first time that housekeeping made up the room was on Sunday and we checked in on Friday. Despite that, getting clean towels and toiletries was not a problem at all! Overall excellent experience, glad I booked here and I would definitely rebook here!!! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Clean and well-appointed. Hilton Honors members can trade points for a full breakfast to include made-to-order omelettes. Not many good restaurants nearby. I recommend the Vineyard Trattoria in Kiln Creek.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I spend 100 days on the road running meetings. Generally, I prefer Hilton Garden Inn's for their service and consistency. However, the Newport News Hilton Garden exceeded my expectations. It started with the meeting planning. I worked with their General Manager, Ted Hemmert, and he was very easy to work with. I made the meeting arrangements 9 or 10 months in advance. About a week before the meeting, I noticed that I had put down the wrong date for one day of the meeting. It could have been a big problem, but it wasn't. Ted moved some stuff around and solved my problem.

When I checked in, Ted was there waiting for me (I must have mentioned that I was checking in around 5:00 p.m.). He promptly showed me the meeting room. I let him know a couple of extra things that I needed and he personnaly fixed them.

We had meals and breaks in the restaurant and other lobby areas. It was very nice to always have someone there to greet us and direct us to our buffet lunches and where we were supposed to site.

There were a lot of other little things that they also excelled at. The key was an excellent General Manager, who was clearly in control of everything.

Room Tip: Introduce yourself to Ted.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bluedevil1982
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel this weekend. It was our second visit this year. The hotel is very clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and very responsive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank reolha
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Staff was very professional...friendly. The place is CLEAN. Pool and Fitness equipment are in great condition and CLEAN. Breakfast is a great deal. Beds were comfy...rooms on main floor have 15 foot ceiilngs making the rooms seem huge even with our family of four with teenagers. Not one complaint.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Familywitholderkids
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Visiting the area for a cousin's wedding. Our group of 21 family members stayed for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had breakfast in the hotel both mornings. It was quite good and the price was reasonable.. Nice not to have to go out and find a restaurant, especially with a large group with children. A group rate was given on the rooms for the wedding guests, so we did not pay rack room rates which were high. Would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family