“The Winder was the Indicator to Me”
Review of Al Fresco

Al Fresco
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Fresco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 461 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Al Fresco Restaurant lets you feast on a bountiful array of Italian specialties. The outstanding menu, featuring pasta, chicken, veal and seafood, highlights a spectrum of lavish Italian specialties that are sure to please discriminating palates. Al Fresco Restaurant was planned with the summer in mind. An outdoor patio with a warm breeze and cold drinks are a perfect combination.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Al Fresco is a superb large "little Italian restaurant." The food is superb, the wait staff is highly knowledgable and attentive, and the decor is exceptional. This is a "white table cloth" restaurant.

My wife and I were attending a performance at the Ferguson Center and looking for a nice restaurant in close proximity. We found Al Fresco on Tripadvisor, read the review and gave it a try.

We found the restaurant in a small shopping center just north west of the intersection of J. Clyde Morris Blvd. and Jefferson Avenue. It was a most pleasant surprise. Certainly the high spot of all out dining in the Hampton Roads area during this trip to our condo.

Now to the food. My wife had an oven baked salmon with a very light cream sauce over linguini. I know by trial that it was excellent. I had Tuscan Chicken; think chicken fillets along with Italian sausage and pine nuts over spaghetti with a marinara sauce. The early give-away to me was the presence of a soup spoon "spaghetti winder" at each place setting. Truly Italian to the n-th degree.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've eaten many times at Al Fresco over the years, it really is the best Italian restaurant I have ever had the pleasure to frequent. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We enjoyed a very good meal last night at Al Fresco. Nice ambiance. Veal Verbena and Pollo Portofino were outstanding and the portions were large enough for leftovers. Service attentive and price was reasonable. Definitely a keeper in our new neighborhood.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stopped at Al Fresco for a late lunch on a Friday afternoon. Really enjoyed my veal parmigiana. Very tender veal with tasty marinara and plenty of cheese. Had the Caesar salad with, well done. My wife had pasta and a Caesar. Great meal.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This restaurant serves the best Italian food in Hampton Roads. The linguini al vongole is exceptional. All the dishes are great. Service is friendly and prompt. Wine list is extensive and has something at every price point. Many people come here to dine prior to a show at the Ferguson Center. On those nights especially, you need a reservation.l

Been to Al Fresco? Share your experiences!