“feels like Little Italy”
Review of Al Fresco

Al Fresco
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Fresco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 460 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Al Fresco Restaurant lets you feast on a bountiful array of Italian specialties. The outstanding menu, featuring pasta, chicken, veal and seafood, highlights a spectrum of lavish Italian specialties that are sure to please discriminating palates. Al Fresco Restaurant was planned with the summer in mind. An outdoor patio with a warm breeze and cold drinks are a perfect combination.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Al Fresco Italian Restaurant was one of my choices on a recent trip to Hampton VA, and on entering I felt like I was in a big city's Little Italy. I had in mind the Vitello Verbena (veal scallopini with proscuitto, capers and asparagus) so I asked for recommendations for a lighter appetizer, and my server recommended the Melanzane Rollatini (sliced eggplant stuffed with ricotta topped with tomato sauce). The appetizer was a good choice and my entree was excellent. Our reservation was for a Thursday night at 8:30pm and my colleague and I ended up talking business until after 10:15pm, well after all the diners left, but our server was very gracious. Definitely worth a visit, and they take reservations on OpenTable, which is always a plus!

There are newer reviews for Al Fresco

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wow, wonderfully fresh food. Loved the freshly made Linguini under the seafood. Good service, high end atmosphere. Really enjoyed it would come again if I lived here.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Birthday celebration dinner at Al Fresco. This is an Italian restaurant in a shopping center. It truly doesn't look distinguishing from the outside -- but once inside -- the atmosphere is very nice with subdued lighting and nice decorations. We were warmly greeted and seated quickly. The waitress -- Sabrina -- was awesome -- and it was her first night!!! She was attentive to our needs without being intrusive. She took our drink order and checked on whether we wanted appetizers (we didn't). I ordered the Pollo Rustico and the other order was for Lasagna -- both came with house salads and bread sticks. Both dishes were great and huge portions. If you are looking for an alternative to the big Italian chain restaurants --- give this restaurant a chance!! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went with a group of 8 on a week night. Food was excellent. I think everyone agreed. Nice wine selection. Service was fair. We were not in a hurry and if you are in a hurry come back another time. Waitress seemed distracted and sometimes forgetful. Several of us commented on the less than average service but having said that the food made it a nice evening. Lots of menu options. Most items priced around $20.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had been wanting to try this place. I found it to be very quaint upon entering. I was expecting the food to be fresh & it was! We had appetizers, entrees & dessert & everything was delish! This may be one of my new favorite places for Italian food! I was not disappointed!!!

2  Thank debbiejsj