“Out to breakfast with family”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #150 of 459 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
VA
“Out to breakfast with family”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My mom and dad were in town and we took them out to breakfast. Never can beat Cracker Barrel for the best breakfast!! The staff are always nice and helpful!!!

Visited October 2011

Burlington, CT
“Down home cooking”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been to several Cracker Barrel restaurants and i've usually had a good meal.While vacationing we checked out the Newport News Cracker Barrel. We were shown to our seats quickly and had beverages in hand within minutes. After ordering, our meals were brought to the table amazingly fast; about 15 minutes.The fish with fried okra and meat loaf was awesome and the kids enjoyed chicken and mac n cheese. Every time my glass of sweet tea got low, the waiter was quick to refill it. We indulged in the delicious desserts and ended up stuffed.We felt less like a customer and more like a visitor. A great meal experience.

• Visited June 2012
Newport News, Virginia
“Not my cup of tea”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I generally do not care for chain restaurants. I went with a friend. The food was alright, the service was fine. I have never been back.

Newport News, Virginia
“The Cracker Barrel is "Crack-a-lackin"”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What can I say about the Cracker Barrel that you don't already know? They're all over, making them very convenient, and their food is pretty consistent no matter where you go. My two favorite breakfasts are the "Old Timers" and they make some of the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had. Their sausage and biscuits are pretty decent as well. I love strolling through the store checking out some of the more "interesting" things for sale and I love all the old time sodas and candies you can get there. Anyone remember "Bonomo's Turkis Taffy"? If you've never been then you need to stop in. If you've been then it may be time to stop BACK in.

Visited July 2012
Yorktown, Virginia
“Service Slow but the Foods Still Good”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Early Saturday is a popular time for dining out and the stress showed at Cracker Barrel. The food (pancakes, eggs and bacon) were good. The time to deliver the food was long. The Waiter took awhile to ge the coffee (new pot), but we didn't see him again until we asked him for the check. No coffee warm ups or second cup, which is bad with pancakes. We had to ask for the check because he left it at the wrong table.

• Visited July 2012