“We will return”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Gloucester, Virginia
“We will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Co-worker and I decided to give Yannas a try yesterday and are we both happy we did. The food is great...loved the TRIPLE Appetizer. You get to pick 3 dips from skordalia, taramosalata,
tzatziki, hummus, or tyrokafteri, served with warm pita...$9 ...it was great...we got the tzaziki, hummus and one other I can't remember the name of but it was great...the restaurant is small but really nice and has an outdoor seating area as well. Our wait person was wonderful and made recommendations which were so good. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013

Chester, Virginia
“Very Nice Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been here a few times. I am Greek and I like to support local restaurants, so maybe I am predisposed to liking Yannas. They make a great Gyro (has fries on it), good pastistio, and have a nice Greek beer selection. The restaurant is small, so it may be best to call ahead on a Friday or Saturday night. I will definitely be going back!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pete C
Yorktown, Virginia
“Very good food, nice portions, fair price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We began with a Pikilia Greek Sampler ($12) that was just huge and had a little bit of everything in it. There was clearly enough food on the sampler alone for two of us to split into two light meals.

Ok, maybe I am picky but would you like to know what I really remember most about Yanna's Taverna? The fact that they were cheap and either performed much of the interior work themselves or hired a crew on the cheap and ended up with with the most annoying stroboscopic effect from the recessed lights shining down through the ceiling fan. Seriously now, I visit a restaurant and spend money to relax and enjoy - not role play Abu Ghraib or relive SERE school, lol.

Now back to the food - both of our meals were served and they were equally as impressive as the appetizer. One of us had Lamb Kapama ($13?) and the other meal was Lotopoulo Riganato Me Patataes ($11). Sodas were $2 and they were served in actual glasses. It always kills me when I sit down for a nice meal and they provide plastic silverware or glasses, lol. Yanna's was good since we had real silverware and glasses. The interior was nice and clean as were the bathrooms.

Now they do have beef and chicken kabob and I was somewhat disappointed that they did not have lamb kabob but maybe that is more a Persian than a Greek thing. The menu was just filled with all sorts of things that I had never tried before and most likely we will stop back again and try something new. It might be nice if they had pictures to help since I have no idea what Dolmades, Pastistsio, or Moussaka are, lol.

Stop by, enjoy some fine food at a fair price, and make sure they turn the fan off so you are not tortured. Or maybe sit there and see who can break first, hahaha.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food and great price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very good and service is great!! The price is excellent in comparison to other Greek Restaraunts that have eaten in this area. My wife and I will definitely come back and eat here again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Traveltoomuchforme
Virginia
“okay experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food is okay, nothing extraordinary. Service was okay. The waitstaff seem unorganized and frazzled. I may go back, but I will give it time to work out the kinks.

• Visited May 2013