“Not sure how I feel about this place”
Review of Longboards

Longboards
Ranked #194 of 464 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed August 16, 2013

They had a pretty good selection of stuff on the menu... However service was really lacking. We all ordered our food with no issues, but once it came out we had problems. first, I was given the wrong food and when I asked the server if she could bring out what I actually ordered, she told she'd see what she could do. ummm okay? Afterwards, we asked if we could have some clean silverware to eat our dessert with, and she told us we'd have to wait because she had to run some through the dishwasher. What? You should never tell your table that. Also, it wasn't even a full restaurant so they should invest in some more silverware pieces. Lastly, when the checks were brought out, the incorrect sandwich I did not order but was delivered to me was on the bill (which was a more expensive sandwich). So she must have put in the wrong order to begin with. When I brought this to her attention, she said oh yeah let me talk to a manager. They ended up comping my beer which was fine but still. I understand this place is new, but they have some serious kinks to work out. I would probably give it another chance again later in the future because the food actually was very good and hope for a better experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I happened upon this place by mistake was going to eat somewhere else. What a find I had pork sandwich with mango slaw it was wonderful dinner companion had the fish sandwich. I am telling you everything is fresh and great flavor and staff is very friendly!!