“Never Again”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“Never Again”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I made reservations and went on a Thursday night. The drink server was very nice and was constantly checking on us. BUT as far as the Meat service, it was not good. They asked us how we like our meat cooked for beef and we told them medium. Everything that was served, when it was served was well done. I was told afterward that any meat server was supposed to serve you. We kept our pod on green and only our original meat server would bring us any meats. It was slow too, we finally gave up on the meats and went to the food bar. They gave a piece of Filet of Mignon that was the size of a quarter. Some of the meats were grizzly and had tons of GARLIC on them. We asked about the poultry they had for it was a piece of Turkey wrapped in back and a chicken wing in some nasty sauce. Really, that all the chicken they had. I was not impressed and I will not go back. Total waste of my money.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ejones88

Suffolk, Virginia
“First impressions are important!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My sisters and I were having a girl's night out and also celebrating my upcoming 50th birthday. We decided to try something different; a different cuisine. Tuscanos was suggested by a co-worker of mine and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent! I am not a meat eater the way my sisters are, so, the sides and salad bar was my hangout and it did not disappoint. Especially those collard greens and steamed vegetables! Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and our server, Wendy, was on top of her game. The only thing I ended up waiting on was my order of skewed shrimp but I had plenty to keep me occupied. The manager, Scott, visited each table and made sure our needs were met. I did read the reviews before going to this restaurant and I am glad I decided to judge for myself. Keep up the good work Tuscanos Newport News. My family and I will be back soon!

• Visited December 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Good Brazilian Steakhouse at a reasonable price”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having eaten at a few Brazilian style steakhouses, I found Tucanos a bargain. I was a bit concerned from reading the other reviews, but I thought the food was good and a good value.
If you havent eaten at Brazilian places, the key is patience: Waiters come around to your table with skewers of different meats. Generally, the first cuts they bring arent the best, things like chicken hearts, but you dont have to take them. Wait for what you want, and you can sit as long as you like, and the food will keep coming.
Tucanos has a very nice salad and side buffet with some tasty options, including some nice sushi selections, just be careful not to fill up here or you wont have room for the meat you came for.
My only complaint was the service was a little slow, but I was with a large group.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JohnTucson
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Interesting concept, good food but slow service.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The concept is that you choose from a large and very well equipped salad bar and then waiters will come frequently to your table with variuos types of grilled meat on a skewer and carve you a slice.
The selection and quality of the food was excellent but unfortunately the experience was tainted by lack of attentiveness from the waiter responsible for beverages.

Visited November 2013
Gloucester, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We had our first vist there this evening with our daughter and husband. The 4 of us had heard good things about this resturant. However we had an awful experence. Requested well done meat everything was rare. Asked 3 different X's finally gave up. Salad bar was well stocked but all salads and sides were over seasoned. Creamed potatoes were sticky and tasted what I assume paste that's been watered down with shredded cheese on top would taste like. Seansonings were very very, "uneatablely" over used. No one cared, when we committed. We never recieved refills. It was undoubtly the worst dining experience we've had in a long time.

Visited November 2013