“Get what you pay for”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to try out Tucanos along with another couple, and none of us were really impressed. We have all been to a few Brazilian Grills before, and this one did not stand out at all. To be honest, the best thing they had was the salad bar, which is a sad statement for this type of restaurant. Service was good, and very fast - the food just wasn't that good. My wife and I prefer beef to be rare or medium rare - and despite the efforts of the servers, nothing we got was less done than medium to med well. Atmosphere is definitely not for a quiet date night - it seemed like every other table was having a birthday with waiters singing and people yelling. It was worth a try, and for $20 it is an inexpensive venture for this type of food - we just weren't impressed - and I don't see myself ever going back again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place did not impress me. I had heard good things and read good reviews, but I'm sure that I will not return. The first thing that I noticed about this place was that it is incredibly loud. I went on a Friday night, wanting to unwind from the workweek, but I knew right away that the atmosphere was far from relaxing. We were seated immediately and our server was friendly. She explained the restaurant to us, and sent us on to the salad bar. There are plentiful choices that all appeared very fresh and I enjoyed most of the items that I chose. If all had ended there, I probably could've given this place a better rating, but the meat rotation sent this experience downhill. When we turned our block to green, we were brought meats to try, and it was one right after another. I understand that you can turn your block over when you want meats to stop, but we also didn't want to miss a rotation, so we ended up totally overwhelmed by server after server at our table, many of which made me feel incredibly uncomfortable handling a knife. When we turned our block over to take a pause and try our items, we found that we only enjoyed about two of the meat choices. They were lacking in taste and I did not at any point feel like I was being served high-quality meat. The only thing I really liked was the grilled pineapple. Even the creme bruleé was underwhelming. $90 for two "meals", two desserts, and two glasses of wine.
I could've eaten at a number of restaurants in the area and paid less for high quality food. We will not return.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a wonderful dining experience, the variety of food was great. The salad bar was loaded with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. The hot bar had soups, rice, beans, and cooked vegetables seaoned just right. There were baked breads that were warm, fresh, and delicious. The servers were at the table with meat selection after meat selection for your dining pleasure. The price was right for about $21.00 for dinner compared to other Brazilian Restaurants & Seafood Restaurants charging up to $32.00 per person. Going to try lunch at about $12.00 next.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went early on a Saturday evening (arriving about 3:45). We were seated immediately...but when we left, the hostess area was crowded with people waiting for tables. I've been to other Brazilian Steakhouses and this one was, by far, the most inexpensive...$21.00 for dinner. They don't have the lamb and other more expensive cuts but for the price, I was completely satisfied. They did have Filet Mignon, however. Our favorite was the garlic steak. The salad bar was very good but make sure you don't load up too much there. Fried bananas and cheese bread balls were awesome! Overall, we had a fantastic meal and the service was awesome. We had a couple managers stop by our table to make sure the meat servers were taking care of us...they were.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The amount of food you get for the price...not bad. I've been to other Brazilian steak houses and this one was the least pricey of them but also lowest in food quality. Be aware that the servers will come around most with the more inexpensive cuts and types of meat to fill people up. We had reservations and it still took quite a while to be seated since it is an all you can eat with no time limits and therefore had to wait for a table to open up. Went on a Friday and it was packed. For deserts, the creme brulee was watery. All that was at the table agreed...okay to try out but more likely than not will not return.