“Someone tell me what the hype is about?”
Review of Cookout

Cookout
Ranked #136 of 461 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have tried to eat at this place and the lines are around the building and it is next to impossible to eat there. After numerous attempts, figuring it had to be wonderful since there are always so many people there, we decided to fight the crowds and lines and see what the hype of this place is about. Man, were we ever let down. We ordered a hamburger, hot dog, and a barbeque to sample some of everything. I have to say the food is not the best. It is typical of any food you would get at any roadside "Tastee Freeze" type of place. NOTHING was special about it at all' certainly not worth the lines and the wait.

It reminded me of when Sonic Drive-In opened and lines were around the building and police were montioring traffic. Now, you hardly see cars there. I give this place a few months for the hype to die down and folks will say, "what was all the fuss about?"

2  Thank BURGESS-IN-VA