“The best cheesesteak outside of Philly!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: 757-968-5595
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“The best cheesesteak outside of Philly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This cheesesteak was amazing!!!! The best cheesesteak I have tasted outside of Philly. I am originally from Philly, thus I know a thing or two about how a real Philly cheesesteak is supposed to taste. My husband and I got a 12" cheesesteak and we split it and it was MORE than enough. We did not order fries just so that we could enjoy the cheesesteak for what it was and it was great. Definitely a great place to stop by for lunch!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars

East Northport, New York
“Yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The service was excellent, and the portions were great. I had the grilled pastrami, and my husband had the bacon cheesesteak. The potato chips are hand-cut, which is unusual in a day and age where most eateries simply hand you a bag. I wouldn't mind at all coming back the next time we're in town!

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The portions are huge. The food is great. The staff is very nice. I came here because it was ranked #1 as we were driving by and it was well deserved.

Newport News, Virginia
“Must try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've been to the best cheese steak place in Philly and I felt like I was back there again at Rick's. Huge sandwich - I couldn't even finish so definitely go hungry. You won't be disappointed. There are at least two locations I know of along Jefferson. I went to the one between Denbigh and Ft Eustis. Not a large restaurant but plenty of room and the decor was neat to look at while waiting.

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were in Newport News visiting my son who is stationed at Ft. Eustis, and he's the one that told us about it. He said they had awesome cheese steaks. I was skeptical, because I grew up across the river from Philly, so I KNOW what real cheese steaks are supposed to taste like! I was NOT disappointed! The bread, the meat, the toppings - they were the real deal! My adult sons and I each ordered an 8" ("small"), and it was MORE than enough!! We also ordered one large order of fries to share, and believe me, we were all full when we finished (and we actually didn't even finish all the fries)! Our waitress told us that the portion sizes were generous, and she was not kidding! :)

It was delicious, the service was great, and the price was just right (I think it was $6 or $7 for each sub and maybe $6ish for the fries). We actually thought about going back the next day for lunch - it was that good! - but our activities were in the opposite direction. However, the next time we're in town visiting my son, we will definitely be visiting Rick's again!

Visited May 2014