“Best Cheese steaks in Hampton Roads”
Review of Rick's Cheese Steak Shop - CLOSED

Rick's Cheese Steak Shop
Dining options: Lunch
Description: 757-968-5595
Smithfield, Virginia
“Best Cheese steaks in Hampton Roads”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited Ricks today and what another great meal. I spent some time in Philly and had numerous cheese steaks from different shops. Ricks has taken the famous Philly Cheese Steak to a whole new level. Words can't really explain how good it is, but let me try !!!
WOW, Out of Bounds, Over the top, Stupid good, What the What, and OMG.

• Visited November 2013

Yorktown, Virginia
“Awesome Cheesesteak!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Although we have been several times in the last couple of years this is my first review. We already knew how massive the cheesesteak sub would be so we ordered the large one to share. We also ordered a small order of onion rings. I have had the onions rings and fries before also and would rate them as a little less than average. The subs and sandwiches however are THE BOMB! Skip the sides and stick to the sandwiches/subs. You will NOT be disappointed!

Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Update- let down”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love Ricks usually, so maybe we hit it on a bad day. It took 40 minutes to get our food, a hamburger and a Philly. Mine was cold on top, like it had sat for a while. My husband said his tasted fishy, a hamburger? The special was a shrimp burger with slaw so maybe that's why. The cook came out of the restroom wearing his apron with food all over it. That kinda grossed me out. I would have thought he would take the apron off and leave it in the kitchen, but maybe that's me being picky. The meal cost $29, and we had a kids meal with 2 sodas. That seems high for the quality today. This was the Ricks closer to downtown, we usually go to the one in Denbigh and love it. The service was good, even though the food wasn't. I really hope this was a 1 time thing.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Camille D
Rick P, Owner at Rick's Cheese Steak Shop, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad experience, especially after seeing your raving review in May! We have been making changes at our stores so that everything is uniform and prepared as expeditiously as possible. Our goal is to give everyone the same experience no matter which establishment they visit. We do make our hamburgers fresh to order. The only seafood we have at the store is the shrimp that we keep frozen until needed for the "burger special" or our "Maryland Cheese Steak.." I hope your next experience is comparable to your first and look forward to hearing your next review. Please email customerservice@rickscheesesteakshop.net if you have any other problems.
Orange Park, Florida
“AWSOME PRICE FOR A DECENT MEAL”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a Cheesteak and Cheese fries at a great price. Was takeout so I did not really pay much attention to the inside. My meal was hot so I have no complaints.

• Visited September 2013
Sunland, CA
“Unbelievable food at a great price!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly service with unreal food. Everything showed up to the table hot and freshly prepared. I just had a simple cheesesteak with onions and I have to say I've never had anything like it and probably won't till I get across the country again. Try the scampi wings, the cheese fries and the Rueben as well. So worth and the price is right too! We had an awesome waitress (can't remember her name... Blonde hair super friendly) which made our visit even better! Look for her she's great, and the food is too. Thanks for a great time!!

• Visited August 2013