“Unbelievable food at a great price!”
Review of Rick's Cheese Steak Shop - CLOSED

Rick's Cheese Steak Shop
Dining options: Lunch
Description: 757-968-5595
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly service with unreal food. Everything showed up to the table hot and freshly prepared. I just had a simple cheesesteak with onions and I have to say I've never had anything like it and probably won't till I get across the country again. Try the scampi wings, the cheese fries and the Rueben as well. So worth and the price is right too! We had an awesome waitress (can't remember her name... Blonde hair super friendly) which made our visit even better! Look for her she's great, and the food is too. Thanks for a great time!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Walk-in, grab a seat and your server will be right over to offer a menu/suggestion and take your beverage order. The 12 inch large steak and cheese is way too much for one person - share it!!!! Onion rings were thick cut and OK. I prefer thin cut/string rings. Quirky decor and would visit again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent service, great food, very well priced, will definitely go again! Ice cold beer - literally! Neat atmosphere!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Thanks Kaitlyn and Audrey for great service. The food was delicious and abundant. My wife had the Maryland chicken steak and baby shrimp. She loved it! I had the standard Philly cheesesteak and made the "misteak" of ordering the 12 inch. Too much for one human being to eat. I gladly took home the leftovers. I will return. Soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hardly one to praise Newport News cuisine, but Rick's is over the top. We go here frequently when my cholesterol allows (!). our favorites are the cheese steak (natch!) and the Reuben. Humongous portions, enough for lunch the next day. I'm not a native of Pa. but my friends who are say it is equal to or better than anything in Philly. Friendly staff, family run. Free drink refills if you eat in. Be ready to go into a food coma!

1  Thank peterm899272