“BEST PHILLY EVER !”

Description: 757-968-5595
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We found this lil shop by accident, we had gotten off 64 to get some lunch
and bam ! There it was Rick's Sub Shop. The waitress was very nice and helpful
with ordering. We ordered a club and a Philly. Wow !!! were they big ! and the small
fry we ordered was more than we both could eat together. The food came fast
and was hot and tasty. The Best philly I have ever eaten. We had the opportunity
to meet Rick, and he was as nice as he coul be, he even pointed us back in the
best direction. I really wish we had a Rick's Sub shop in WV. We will be sure
to stop in as we travel in that area in the future. Great Job Guys !

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to Busch gardens for their Christmatown. Asked the women at the front desk of the hotel for a good sub shop. She suggested Rick's and I am so glad she did. Wonderful food and service. We will be stopping by during our summer trip.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had been wanting to try ricks for some time now. Finally had opportunity tonight. Open sign lit up and sign states closes at 8. It was 5 minutes before 8 and got my 4 little kids out of car w husband. We opened the door and the waitress said, not overly friendly, we r not taking orders. We are closed.
Are yOu kidding me. I have never ever been to a restaurant that has done this. How rude! Won't be going back.

2  Thank 6chads
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Finally decided to stop in and try this place out. I ordered the large bacon cheese steak and my wife ordered the 8 pc wings. We were forewared by the waitress about the large portion size but it has to be seen to be believed. You will definately leave either fully stuffed or with a take out box. The cheese steak was tremendous and was overflowing with so much steak that the bread didn't have a chance. My wife's wings were large and perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy inside. One of the best assests to this place was the waitstaff. Our waitress was the best one ever! She was so friendly and made us feel right at home. So if you want a great big cheese steak and great service, make Rick's Cheese Steak Shot your go to place.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Boyfriend and I drove across the city just to get sandwiches from Rick's. He previously owned the sandwich shop "Straight Outta Philly" much closer to my home, but since he sold the establishment, the quality of the food has changed, hence the long drive to Rick's.

I know his Phillys are delicious, we have both had them before. My boyfriend opted for just that, and I was salivating on the drive there, craving a Rueben for a change. We ordered to go, and headed home.

We split a large cheese fry, and it was big enough to feed 4 people without sandwiches. The goopy, processed, nacho-like cheese was really the best part of the meal. Loaded up with preservatives and things, but it really was lick-your-fingers good. Wish they had better French fries though, very Ore-Ida crinkle type fries.

My Rueben was SO SOGGY that I almost wanted to drive all the way back just to show them how bad it was. I tried to eat it open faced, and discard the bottom of the bread. However, the corned beef itself was tough and chewy, and incredibly salty. My boyfriend was kind enough to split his cheesesteak with me, since it was entirely too large for him to eat alone anyway. But I was so looking forward to this Rueben. :(

Unfortunately because of the distance, and that the Philly seems to be the only menu item that turns out correctly, my boyfriend and I will be taking our business elsewhere. I wish I had a better experience here.