“Unique food options” 4 of 5 bubbles

TASTE at City Center
Ranked #58 of 453 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Description: For 40 years, TASTE has been the locals' favorite for lunch all day, featuring sandwiches with our famous house dressing. Pre-order boxed lunches or catering platters for your group events. We offer gourmet provisions, wine, craft beers, and Virginia peanuts. Taste the good life!
Newport News, Virginia
“Unique food options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place is fun to check out. They have food that you wouldn't expect to find. The sandwhiches are great.

We have also found some local wine and beers.

Visited March 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“Delicious sandwiches and soup!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Picked out three sandwiches and soups along with one drink, very good but a little pricey (45.00) I feel as though I could have taken the girls to a restaurant and had a full lunch meal for what I paid here. The price will not stop me from trying them again though!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't go wrong here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm in love with TASTE Newport News! Been going here for over 3/4 yrs and by far they have the best sandwiches!!! I love love love their vegetarian sandwiches!!!! And my favorite soup, which I haven't seen in a long time, but would love to be on their personal mailing list so I know when it's in is the mushroom soup!!! I always buy like 4 qts and take a lil bit of heaven home with me! Now their sandwiches are on the pricer side compared to some(basic) places... But you're completely getting your money worth!! I live over 40 mins away and gladly drive here for an awesome lunch! Please don't go anywhere taste, I'm relying on you!!! :)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Province of Pordenone, Italy
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Price was super reasonable and the food was fantastic! This place is also like a mini grocery, so you can take plenty to go!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great sandwiches and it is hard to pick a favorite because every one that I've tried has been outstanding. I just wish that they stayed open later and had a location closer to where I work.

• 4 of 5 bubbles