“Delicious sandwiches and soup!”

TASTE at City Center
Ranked #38 of 502 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: For 40 years, TASTE has been the locals' favorite for lunch all day, featuring sandwiches with our famous house dressing. Pre-order boxed lunches or catering platters for your group events. We offer gourmet provisions, wine, craft beers, and Virginia peanuts. Taste the good life!
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Picked out three sandwiches and soups along with one drink, very good but a little pricey (45.00) I feel as though I could have taken the girls to a restaurant and had a full lunch meal for what I paid here. The price will not stop me from trying them again though!

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm in love with TASTE Newport News! Been going here for over 3/4 yrs and by far they have the best sandwiches!!! I love love love their vegetarian sandwiches!!!! And my favorite soup, which I haven't seen in a long time, but would love to be on their personal mailing list so I know when it's in is the mushroom soup!!! I always buy like 4 qts and take a lil bit of heaven home with me! Now their sandwiches are on the pricer side compared to some(basic) places... But you're completely getting your money worth!! I live over 40 mins away and gladly drive here for an awesome lunch! Please don't go anywhere taste, I'm relying on you!!! :)

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Price was super reasonable and the food was fantastic! This place is also like a mini grocery, so you can take plenty to go!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great sandwiches and it is hard to pick a favorite because every one that I've tried has been outstanding. I just wish that they stayed open later and had a location closer to where I work.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stopped by Taste for lunch and enjoyed the best soup I have eaten in a very long time. The soup of the day was a Roasted Red Pepper with Smoked Gouda soup. It was very creamy and flavorful, even my hubby who HATES peppers said it was really good. The soup comes with a huge bread end, which went very well with the soup.

Hubby had a sandwich filled with meat which he liked. It was huge and he had half to take home for dinner that night.

I really liked that they did not have a soda machine, forcing me to order water (soda free for 6 months!) Instead they had a variety of bottles of all different kinds of sodas, waters, and teas, giving everyone a huge selection of drinks. Hubby had an orange cream soda that tasted just like a creamcicle. I think he will go back just for that!

Overall great lunch place that will definitely replace a certain other chain sandwich place we usually frequent.