“War Time Heros”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“War Time Heros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is one of the coolest places I have been. The amount of war time artifacts and posters featured her will draw in any history buff. It is a small museum offering up big knowledge and fun. The WWII room is something you will never forget!

Visited April 2014

Rock Spring, Georgia
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“A place FULL of history..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Virginia War Museum was thoroughly enjoyed by our party. We were extremely surprised by the amount of artifacts in the museum. A must see for history buffs.

Visited April 2014
Newport News, Virginia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 355 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem in Newport News”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

After living in Newport News for 30 years, we finally made it to this museum as part of the City's "free" Ambassador program (city residents get to visit one museum a week during January). It is well kept and contains exhibits and artifacts from all of the conflicts in which the US has engaged. The place is pristine and very well organized. Would definitely recommend a visit at only $6 per person. Sorry we hadn't gone before!

Visited January 2014
Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent if you like military history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

First, let me preface this by saying I had 2 young kids with me, so we had to move through very quickly. I would not take little kids to this museum since they can't really touch or understand anything. There are no pics of anything bloody though, so I guess it's kinda kid friendly in that way. There were a lot if uniforms, weapons, tanks, and cannons. So if that's your thing, you will love it. The staff was very nice and you guide yourself, so that's also nice. My husband enjoyed reading about the weapons, and I found the propaganda posters interesting. The rose garden across the street is really nice, and if you have a family member that wants to do the museum, but the rest doesn't...you are right next to Huntington Beach and fort fun (a great playground). I could totally see myself dropping off the grandparents at the museum and taking the kids to the park at the same time.

Visited January 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“NOT THE BIGGEST MUSEUM BUT EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

excellent museum, again not as large as some but jam packed with many items, well organized, full of information visited both this museum and fort eustis transportation museum both excellent, this one has a small fee but there are also dollar off coupons you can get so well worth the trip my teenage boys loved it had to drag them away!

Visited December 2013