“Best BBQ on the peninsula!”

Smoke BBQ Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 468 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good food reasonable prices and friendly staff. My wife and I were in the area and decided to stop in for lunch. After reviewing the menu we decided to split a whole rack of baby back ribs. Our meal came with two sides we choose the baked beans and coleslaw. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. When our order came out she brought us an extra plate without us asking, The ribs were great they were moist and meaty, the beans were sweet the way I like them, the coleslaw was average, but I have to admit that it isn't one of my favorite sides. Our meal also came with two corn muffins that were a nice addition. Did I mention that even though we split a rack we had left overs to take home for later. The restaurant is casual and remind me of Texas. Next time we stop in I think I am going to try the pulled pork sandwich and continue our trek through the menu. We will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Been to restaurant several times here in Newport News. Good food and good service. Went to a local outdoor craft fair recently and Smoke had the food on wheels trailer--long lines and happy customers! BBQ sandwich with slaw and I was in heaven!!
Highly recommend!

1  Thank Greenakrz
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant has some of the best BBQ and brisket that I have eaten. I am very picky when it comes to this type of food and I have certainly had good BBQ from various places in different states...but the food at Smoke is, by far, the best...No kidding!!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Smoke is my favorite barbecue place in the area. Originally from Texas, good barbecue is hard to find. The brisket, ribs, sausage, and the sides are great. You get plenty of food. The staff is friendly and service is quick. It does get crowded on occasion. Casual atmosphere and can be a bit chilly inside the restaurant. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Every time my family and I have visited Smoke we have left impressed. The food is very good. I've tried just about every kind of meat that they have on the menu and I would recommend them all. The Mac & Cheese is a must. It's some of the best I've ever had (not good if you are on a diet though!!). The best part is the service though. We have always had great waitresses who are really on their game. If you haven't give this place a shot yet, do it.