“Can't go wrong with burgers and fries”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #82 of 502 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We always enjoy hitting this place. The made to order burgers are always very tasty and the fresh fries cannot be beaten. We always recommend this place when folks want a burger.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was so happy when Five Guys opened down Richmond Road from me. I first had one of their burgers in Woodbridge VA a few years back and thought it is definitely the place to go for a burger how you like it. I try to pass on the fries. They are good but no matter what you ask, they always give you too many!!!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Parking was pretty good and the location was right off the interstate so thats a plus. Order went well, an employee explained the burgers and the sizes which showed good service. This place is a little expensive for a burger joint but they do offer plenty of toppings. Got food in a timely manor and the burger was tasty. I would not recommend the fries. I agree with the other reviews that the fries are to greasy. I will say I burped the burger for the rest of the night so I am wondering if the beef was lower quality than I expected. I would go back to try again. I may try the grilled cheese.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Restaurant was clean other than the peanut shells on the floor. We ordered regular cheeseburgers, single burgers and fries. The flavor of the meat was delicious and the size of a regular burger was more than I could handle. The fries are plentiful and they add more than the cup you order. My children loved the soda machine, which was the one with each Coke soda with flavor options. I was disappointed they didn't have fresh-brewed sweet tea but had the instant kind instead. That would have topped my meal off! A meal with burger, fries and drink will cost you about $10 so be prepared for that. There are no discounts for getting all three and no kids meals. Overall, great food and friendly service. We'll return. Even better news was that this is next to a Sweet Frog! :) Stuff yourself with greasy food then walk down 3 doors and top off the night with what can be a healthy dessert...yogurt and toppings!

1  Thank tni
Reviewed November 22, 2012

burger is fresh, toppings are great and staff does the job quickly and efficiently. The turnover of guests and the amount of business can be quite daunting. while the burger is priced higher than fast food, it is worth it. I think fries are average however.