“Yummy!!”

Cuisines: Korean
Yorktown, Virginia
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

After reading such positive reviews, well, we just had to try it for ourselves. We had the Korean fried chicken w/ ginger and soy sauce. Unbelievable how flavorful, crunchy and juicy it was. And large portions too. Normally I don't bring home leftovers, but I did this time. And the service....Fantastic!! Very nice family run restaurant. Will definitely go back soon!!

• Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food was outstandingly delicious, the service what's great and we had an all around great time l. We are from out of state and trip advisor recommended it and we chanced it as nd we absolutely loved it!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank adelene77
Yorktown, Virginia
“Surprise Find”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent wings with variety of flavors. I chose the hot and spicy and they were, while my wife had the soy and garlic. Both of us enjoyed the lunch. Found this restaurant only because of TripAdvisor reviews. Never would have looked in this small strip center. The proprietors are a nice couple who provided recommendations and good service. When we ordered, we were told that the drumsticks Korean style would take about 45 min and the wings 25 min. The menu advised 30 min. cooking time for Korean fried chicken and it makes sense that drumsticks would take longer than wings. The decor is pleasant enough for a narrow site. This seems to be a popular, but not overcrowded lunch spot.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alan C
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Chic-n-FISH!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have eaten here several times with my boyfriend, mostly takeout. The food never disappoints just as I said in my first review of this place, but I notice reviewers only saying great things about the chicken, but what about the FISH???

It's awesome; beyond awesome. I usually get the crabcakes if we a don't get a large order of Korean Fried Chicken. Really flavorful, only breaded on the exterior and includes bits of fresh scallions added to the seasoning, 9.95 for 3 crabcakes and sides. Always fresh out of the fryer. (I rarely even bother with the tartar sauce, they're so good alone.)

I worked in a restaurant frying crabcakes on the York River for three years straight, so I was tired of even being around them. Well, my life has changed since I ate these.

We did try the seafood platter and the salmon steak platter on seperate recent visit-- Shrimp and scallops were a bit dry, but both kinds of white fish were flakey and delicious.
The salmon was the only disappointment, I didn't expect the salmon to already be sauced, but it was, and too much. The salmon was very salty and overpowered by soy sauce, but the veggies with it were great. I won't be getting this dish again...I don't prefer salmon prepared with Asian sauce flavors anyway, it could have been my personal taste.

The onion rings are breaded in panko and are gigantic! Mac and cheese is HOMEMADE, really cheesy with white and yellow cheddar cheeses, milk and butter. Hence the 3.95 pricetag, and so worth it. It's really the only "pricey" item on their menu when you consider the value--Extra sides of housemade sauces and kimchi offered, the fresh products, all prepared and properly cooked-- I really love this place for the value of the food...other places should follow suit.

The fried seafood and O-rings weren't at all greasy, so we were able to eat quite a bit. I recommend this restaurant for everything it offers. Especially the quality of the fish.

***If you order steamed rice make sure you try the sauce they offer you with it! Garlic, soy, and ginger but it's soooo good and you only need a hint of it. (The owners emphasize 'only a little!') The aroma is fantastic and they're right, a little goes a long way. I can't figure out the secret in it. This is the one thing we ALWAYS order. Rice with this amazing sauce.***

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Sarah C
accokeek
“Great Tasting Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I rate the deliciousness of the food 5 stars. It's great tasting food. I particularly like the owner stopping by your table to determine if everything is fine and ready to fix any problem. I rated my visit 4 stars because I prefer to have the carryout waiting area physically separated by a partition, at minimum, from the dining room. I like cozy when I dine in; however, this area configuration is not a deal breaker. I will patronize this resaturant the next time I'm in the area.

Visited March 2013