“Satisfies and economical stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for four nights over the Fourth of July holiday....made reservations cause the price was great at about $50 a night. Unfortunately, they did not have any non-smoking rooms available. The gentlemen that checked us in did advise me that the room I had wasn't too smoky smelling and that the windows opened. The hotel had just an old smell to it and smelled strongly of bleach each morning. The room had an entire wall of mirror that we found odd. The bedspreads were mismatched and had rips and burn holes. The window seat cushion also had burn holes in it. My room had a flat panel mounted on the wall. I am unsure if the carpet was really clean but stained or just nasty. The housekeeping staff were very slow. We came back to the room at 6pm on a couple of days and they had not been to our room yet. I also overheard several people trying to check in at 3pm and their rooms were not ready. The breakfast area was so small that we didn't even bother. The room door was hard to open and close and the deadbolt didn't match up with the hole in the frame. It also looked like the door had been wet to about three inches up from the floor. The bathroom was clean but like everything else it was in need of updating. The staff was nice and helpful when we needed it. I didn't expect much for $50 and that is exactly what I got.

1 Thank Beth F
Patrick P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757 249 8355.

Annandale
Reviewed July 9, 2013

OMG, first the picture was not the hotel I stayed in. The desk clerk was fantastic. The rooms were small and smelled of someone on a week long smoking binge. Not to mention that there was a barking dog next door that barked the entire night. My stay was in Newport News Operations Dr.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My hubby and I stayed 7/3-7/6/13 in a non smoking Queen room.
After 2 days I was sneezing uncontrollably and I noticed the mattress had huge medium red stains. The sneezing was def. from the room, I am not sick at all. (and I rarely ever get sick) And by Sunday (after we had been home for over 24hrs) the excessive sneezing stopped.
Don't look for anything fancy at this hotel. Room was tiny, the bathroom sink wasn't very nice at all and there was an old Tv that was not working on top of our wardrobe next to the working flat screen!
Good points:
wifi worked well
water was hot when needed
cable channels
elevator worked
Belgian waffle maker was perfect!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to the movie theater and shopping
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AprilBrown

High Point
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's also dirty. There was a dirty napkin in the hallway. There was a hair on the bed after we pulled up the top bedcover.puke! The staff are nice buts that's all.
Avoid it if you can.
I just can't stand the stench. It's actually torture.
The breakfast area is also extremely small.

Room Tip: Stay away until the smell does.
1 Thank Furniture4357