“This Hotel is in great need of Cleaning!!!!! Breakfast...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Patrick P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed in several Microtels on the East Coast while traveling with our pets. Have never seen a location in this state of discust. Check in: pointed out to front desk a roach crawling up the wall behind her. Smell: strong pine scented disinfectant through out the location. Carpet: stained+bleached+filthy (worse than a dorm room) We had 2 rooms both were in same disrepair. Holes in blankets+stained chairs and benches. I felt like I was in a homeless shelter as we unloaded our luggage a drunken man wanted to hold a conversation with us. Very uncomfortable stay with our two teenage daughters in a seperate room, but we felt safe enough only due to having our dog with us and my husband is a concealed weapons licenced marksman. Never again will we stay here while visiting family.

• Stayed: December 2012
Patrick P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757 249 8355.

Patrick Patel
Microtel Inn & Suites Newport News

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Everyone is right... the breakfast leaves little to be desired... especially if you sleep past 8am. We stayed there Saturday, December 15th. I chose Microtel because of the reviews on here, plus the price seemed very decent. My boyfriend does not EVER make reservations, but they had a room available. His family had a "Christmas get together".... so instead of driving back, we stayed in Newport News. Check in was easy. The room was a 1 queen bed, non smoking. It had a window seat. Everything was clean. The mattress was comfortable. Pillows... well I am so picky about pillows... I really need to bring my own. But I rested very well, which is unusual being in a strange place. The shower was perfect. I can't find anything to really complain about. The staff were very nice and welcoming. And it was in a perfect, quiet location. Plus, made it easy for us to go visit his Uncle the next morning, he was at work at the airport!

Yes... I do believe I would stay here again... I would probably chose this place being it is near Williamsburg as well.

I hope they keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757 249 8355.

Patrick Patel
Microtel Inn & Suites Newport News

Reviewed December 7, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

#01 sheets should be changed before a new guest arrive
#02 housekeepers should always announce who they are before entering a room.
#03 staff should not have loud conversations in the lobby for customers to hear.
#04 All staff should wear uniforms behind the counter( staff member look really sloppy and no very proffessional

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our stay was nice. The hotel was a good quality for the price. It was clean and quiet. My only complaint would be the lack of hot water for showers. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating when we had to adjust our reservations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple