“Good food and price” 4 of 5 stars

The Vineyards Trattoria
Ranked #22 of 441 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newport News, Virginia
“Good food and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went here with my parents who are from MA. It's always tough to find non chain places in NN to take my patents. This place was perfect. It's in a strip mall but nice inside. We made a reservation bc it was a Friday night and wanted to be safe. I was not impressed with the bread which I thought was garlic knots but was not very garlicky and was under cooked but it got better from there. All our meals include a salad which was family style. My parents are kinda picky so their order was a little complicated. They were very accommodating with helping my parents get exactly what they wanted. The food came as requested and was excellent. Everyone joined the clean plate club. The prices are very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carrie G

Williamsburg, Virginia
“This is a hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The food is the best on the Peninsula, bar none. The service is always top drawer. The only bad part is the wait, on a Friday night, look for 30-45 minutes, so get there early or late. Great restaurant that never disappoints!!!

Visited June 2014
Hampton, Virginia
“still VERY good and always enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

While we attempted to go to Fiorellos for a change of pace sadly they have closed up so back to the Vineyards we went. The food is very good with generous portions. My flounder wasn't quite cooked enough but the server gladly took it back to have it cooked more. The garlic knots are yummy. We will continue to go here and hope they don't go away anytime soon. The food is always fresh.

“One of the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Vineyards is a real hidden gem in Kiln Creek. They prepare some of the freshest Italian food in the area. Everything is cooked to order and you can really taste the quality ingredients they use in making every meal, not to mention the fresh garlic knots served with your meal.

Hampton, Virginia
“From past experience, today was an off day for them”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I don't eat there a lot, but have always had a good experience until today.

Today they had a big group come in, and they didn't have the staffing (particularly in the kitchen) to cope with that plus everyone else. So meals were much delayed while they got all the meals out to this large group (about 12-15 people in that group, from what I could see, plus a smaller group of around 8). I've had the salmon salad before and it's delicious - but today the edge of the salmon hadn't had all the skin removed and it was like charcoal. The rest of the salmon was cooked well, if a bit overdone for my taste. The salad was more than ample for me to take the rest home for tomorrow's lunch, and the garlic knots are good. As I had a coupon I also got the cannoli, which is delicious. The waitress was unobtrusive but right there when needed. I'll just put today down to an off day where they got slammed unexpectedly, and yes, I will go back.