“Excellent Cuisine”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoy the entire meal from garlic knots to super Italian tossed salad (replete with Italian peppers) to the main course, which is always excellent!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have been to the Vineyards many times but had the opportunity to take my Mother there Friday (25 April 2014) night and it was once again fantastic! Everything was simply outstanding from the hostest to the server (and service) to the meal itself. We all had something different and my wife tried the special "Veal Monte Carlo" that looked fantastic and she said tasted the same. The food is always great but the service and attitude of the staff really sets The Vineyards apart from other good restaurants in the area.

We have been ordering more pizza for take out lately but it sure was nice to sit down and enjoy the ambience and service. Of course dining in also provides their exceptional garlic knots and house salad that accompany all meals at no charge and are both delicious. Like I said, another great dining experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was a great find and not one I would normally have thought twice about excpet for a coupon we had. The food was really very good, fresh, and the unique combinations of ingredients was tremendous. I would have given the food an excellent but the calamari was too fried for me. The Vineyards would be a great spot for just about anything. We saw teen prom couples, families, seniors, and at 9pm it was fairly packed.

Try the Foccacia salad and their version of shrimp pizza. Both were wonderful but we had to take home a lot of food so order less than you usually would! Even without the coupon our dinner would have only been $35.00!

The Vineyards just became a place we will go to frequently.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We are local and have been eating at the Vineyards (this one and the second restaurant in Norfolk) since they took over from Doraldo's. It is our favorite Italian restaurant. We stopped by last Fri night (7 Dec). The place was maybe half full but with a BIG group in the back dining room. The hostess was a younger girl we did not recognize and she was not at the front hostess stand (this was the start of a TREND...). After standing there for a while a waiter came up and seated us, gave us menus, and promptly went to the back, got a jacket, and walked out (obviously at the end of his shift). It was another 10 minutes until we got some water, and a few more minutes until a waitress showed up ( a very nice young girl) and announced this was her first night. The hostess NEVER came by the table and we watched her stand at the front and "shoot the baloney" with other wait staff and some other customers. In between conversations she fumbled with a stack of papers (next weeks schedule ?) and stepped outside to obviously make a phone call. Our new waitress was flustered and not very knowledgeable but again this was her first night at the Vineyards. The food was excellent as always. I had the Pollo Napolitano special and my wife had a salad and bruschetta. In the meantime there was a constant parade of full dishes into and empty dishes out of the back dining room by most all the wait staff. I hope they provided the normal excellent service to that group as they didn't in the main dining room. I feel the hostess didn't earn her pay with us and actually left the new girl to fend for herself. I hope this was a one off occurrence. It sure wasn't something normal we have seen here in the last 10+ years !

Reviewed October 30, 2013

While the service can be rather slow they are always very friendly. The food can take a while but is always very good. Love the garlic knots as well. Used to go to Tuscany in Denbigh but Vinyards is always better and after my last visit recently to Tuscany I will NOT be going back there any time soon....I will stick with Vinyards as it's also closer to my home anyway. Not a place to go if you are in a hurry but definately a great place to eat.