“An unforgettable dining experience”

The Vineyards Trattoria
Ranked #21 of 469 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2011

On a recent visit to The Vinyards, my wife and I had a very unique experience, but let's start with the food! We both ordered from the regular menu with a carafe of wine. We started with an appetizer, "cannoli de melanzanne" which was eggplant stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped with marinara sauce. What a great choice! This was almost enough for us to split as our entre!! The eggplant was lightly breaded and fried to a nice crispy texture. Delicious!!
My wife ordered linguine with white clam sauce and I ordered veal marsala. Both entres were cooked to perfection, and the salads and garlic knots were both delicious. Here comes the cool part.....in conversation with our server, we found out that she was an opera singer. I mentioned that I'd love to hear her sing some time. Well, when she brought the check, she actually sang about 30 seconds from an aria, and the whole restaurant went into a dead silence. She stood right there, not even 2 feet from us and sang right to us. It was amazing! When she finished, she got applause from the whole place! We will return many more time, and even if we don't get a private performance, we'll get some great food!

1  Thank mikiebond

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have been to this restaurant a number of times and the food is always good and well priced. Portions are ample and usually my husband and I split the lasagna. Of course after the salad and garlic knots it is hard to have room left for the entree. We don't live in this area but always like to come here when we are in town. Unfortunately they are not open on Sunday.

1  Thank jamotilu
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having been to The Vineyards numerous times, I am never disappointed. I went with a long time friend yesterday and decided to try something different, as I usually stick to the Insalata Gambrietta, which is always absolutely wonderful. I chose the Penne ala Vodka with Shrimp, which includes the house salad and the garlic knots. My friend got a penne pasta dish with mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and a red sauce, which she said was also delicious. We each had a Pinot Grigio, one was Walnut Crest and the other was Black River from California. My favorite was the Black River from California. It had a light, fruity finish, which was very refreshing.
I have never had anything at The Vineyards that I wouldn't highly recommend. The restaurant is kind of tucked away in Kiln Creek, but still easy to find. It is very clean, and the service is extremely good.

2  Thank YorktownTerri
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I met a dear friend for lunch at this small, intimate restaurant in Kiln Creek. The calamari was worth a pass but the rolls were good and the Mediterranean Steak Salad was chock full of tender marinated steak with a delicious house dressing. I asked for mozzarella rather than the goat cheese. My friend had a lemony chicken dish that came with a salad. She cleaned her plate and also commented on the deliciousness of the house dressing. I will not only recommend this restaurant to friends and family living near NN but will brave the tunnel from Norfolk to visit again!

2  Thank kthomasva