“Excellent”

Olive Garden
Ranked #102 of 469 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Popped in and had great fast service with exceptional food. The manager Star stopped by our table to check on service. Our waiter Ashanti was excellent with drinks and soup and salad. Outstanding overall and we were in and out in 45 minutes.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went to eat dinner rather late. Might want to catch dinner early. The bread was not the best, the dinner was not the best.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

An excellent dining experience where the service by the entire staff was simply incredible. I was most impressed with how the staff worked together as a team to provide the best for their customers. For example: Even though I had a waiter assigned to my table, other waiters and staff stopped by to fill my drink or ask me how things were going with my dining experience. This is not seen much in other dining establishments. I was impressed that the staff cared more for me, the customer, than rather or not they were doing a job that was not assigned to them. If they had the time, they pitched in to attend to my needs. I LOVED this team approach to providing the best in service. I was even greeted at the table by the manager twice during my visit and was glad I and the opportunity to share with him my joy of his establishment.
The food was good and the restaurant clean (inside and out). A comfortable and pleasant dining experience rarely enjoyed to this degree.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Olive Garden is not the greatest one we have eaten at. The food was hot and well prepared. The service was not up to the usual standards. Worth giving this location a second try.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The server made it a point to ask if I was relaxing, taking my time or "had to get back" but gave me my soup, salad, breadsticks all at once, never asked if I wanted refills, and promptly received my bill in 15 minutes.