“If you like Vietnamese food - this is the place!”

Pho 79 Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 460 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really good flavors, fresh ingredients - we really enjoyed it and will definitely return. Service is a little slow, but the food makes up for that. Just the smell of the items already being cooked will have your mouth watering before you get your own food! It all smells really delicious.

There are newer reviews for Pho 79 Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I will start by saying that I am obssessed with Pho. It is literally my favorite dish ever. I come to this place on avg twice a week...maybe even more on some weeks that are cold :--) I am almost hesitant to write this review bc the place is always packed during meal times and I really dont need any more patrons going and crowding the place, thereby making me have to wait to get a table (which hasn't really happened yet...but I can see it going that route)...hahaha...get my drift people? YUMMY!
Service = QUICK and friendly...Food = I think I already covered that. Go get a bowl of Pho Tai...and then come mark my review as the most helpful one ever! Just don't go when I go! ;--)
oh yea...i forgot...it's cheap too!!! less then $10...can I get a Pho please?

1  Thank Nora R
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stopped while on a visit with friends in Norfolk. Conveniently located in a shopping plaza off the main drag - it was easy to find. The place has a nice cafe style dining room and the added touch of bar seating for solo dining or a just a bubble tea. Was looking to be refreshed after a long drive. Ordered fried rolls and Pho Thai to eat in and a Bahn Mi Dac Biet to take out. Service was typical from youngsters, either overly attentive after you take each bite then forgetting to bring what you asked for when you finally want assistance (no foul there for the prices charged.) The fried rolls were just OK, nothing special, and the nuoc cham was bland. The Pho was decent but lacked the rich flavor profile in the stock foodies are seeking out. Bahn Mi was tasty and served on a nice crispy baguette. In all, it is a decent spot for an area not overflowing with Vietnamese dining options.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food and price is great. The family has dinner there at least twice a month. The rice dishes are served with your choice of meat, marinated and grilled served on wooden skewers. These are my favorite. The wife and son usually have pho and really love it.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

one of the few Vietnamese restaurants in this area. They make really good pho noodle soup.

The service is decent and it is decently priced.