“A do not miss experience”
Review of Pearl 703

Pearl 703
Ranked #73 of 459 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Pearl 703 offers the Hampton Roads area flare and casual elegance with contemporary variations of Asian, Creole, and French cuisine. With an emphasis on farm to table initiative and organic, local and fresh ingredients sourced as much as possible from local farms as well as our own private farm.
Newport News, Virginia
“A do not miss experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location is lovely. And the food is the best. Well prepared, nicely presented. The staff is most attentive. You will enjoy !

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank lois h

Fairfax, Virginia
“A Great Experience with Really Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I were staying at the Marriott at Oyster Pointe and discovered Pearl on-line. It's an easy 10 minute walk from the Marriott just off the City Center so if you're staying at that location you really can walk.

We were greeted warmly by the Manager and Bethany was a friendly, professional server. I really wanted escargot but they were not on the menu so I asked for them and I was told they had 1 serving left.

Boy, was I lucky. They were not served in the traditional way with the garlic butter and bread. Instead, these tender, little guys were served on a buttery puff pastry and were absolutely delicious. I love the traditional escargot but now I'm really craving them the way Pearl French Bistro serves them. My husband had the Coquille st. Jacques and they were also excellent. You could taste the pernod without it over powering the entire dish. The scallops were perfectly done. Next, we shared the wedge salad with gorgonzola and walnuts. Delish and they even split the salad for us without being asked to. Such a simple gesture but makes an impression.

My husband had the pot de feu and it was loaded with clams, mussels, and shrimp in a tasty broth. Really filling yet not heavy. I had the chicken and it was seasoned beautifully and served with perfectly cooked fresh carrots and green bean. The only average part of my dish were the fingerling potatoes which seemed to just be on the plate with no purpose. I would order this again though, so don't be put off. Oh! The wine...we had a Malbec that wasn't on the menu and it was smooth and delicious for about $22. Yes, just $22 for a bottle of wine in a French restaurant. And, the coffee was excellent and I don't even like coffee that much! Not sure what they serve, but it's goooood!

We asked to speak to the Chef and learned that he's been there for about 4 months now and I think the restaurant has been going thru a transition. I think it's not only heading in the right direction but is already putting out really good food at a reasonable price.

We will be visiting Newport News as our daughter will be going to CNU in the Fall. For all you local folks...give this place a try. You won't be disappointed...I know we weren't.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank OhJackieO
Newport News, Virginia
“Amazing food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The food and wine selections are incredible. Top notch service and attention paid to the customer. Quaint and personal. Pricy but an excellent choice for a special night out.

2 Thank Xplic1tbikes
Germany
“Cozy, charming, delicious”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife and 2 other couples for dinner. The service was excellent, and the food was delicious. They even have foie gras! We'll definitely be repeat customers.

3 Thank Billy P
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were looking forward to a Valentine lunch at Pearl. The restaurant was full and we had to wait about 20 minutes - we did not mind since we had heard that the food was great. The wait staff were very pleasant but they did not seem to be prepared for the volume of customers and several of the menu options were not available. We both opted for a filet mignon/lamb blended hamburger. The meal came with bland mashed potatoes and the burger was on an overly buttered french bread with soggy lettuce and one very slim slice of tomato. The meat was over salted and overly spiced. Very disappointing....we will not return. Too bad - the area could use another good French restaurant.

• Visited February 2014