“Slightly disappointed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pearl 703
Ranked #61 of 453 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Pearl 703 offers the Hampton Roads area flare and casual elegance with contemporary variations of Asian, Creole, and French cuisine. With an emphasis on farm to table initiative and organic, local and fresh ingredients sourced as much as possible from local farms as well as our own private farm.
Lancaster, VA
“Slightly disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Contrary to the website, our chef the evening we were there does not own the restaurant, is not of Turkish descent, and did not study culinary arts in Canada! That was the premise we had going in! So I feel a bit deceived. The restaurant itself is small with approximately 12 tables. If the evening is chilly, wear warm footgear as the floor is drafty since the main dining room has windows on three sides. We found the canned music off-putting, but when the room fills up, the sound of voices takes over. As for the food, the requisite French bread and butter is served. Nothing special there. My DH had the escargot appetizer, which was good and I had sweetbreads, also good. He had the veal shank over risotto, which he liked, but I thought the meat was dry. My rack of lamb had five chops and was accompanied by wonderful roasted potatoes and fresh string beans. That was a nice entree, which I would recommend. My husband thought the sauce on the lamb was a little too sweet. We did not have salad or dessert. If you go, our suggestion is to go early as there was only one waitress, who was assisted by the chef, when he was not cooking.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Schwerin

Hancock, New Hampshire
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had our anniversary dinner here with friends on New Years Eve. The food was wonderful, service excellent. Great wine selection, and complimentary champagne for the holiday. Good price, too, considering the holiday. We will be back.

1 Thank varneykr
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

The menu was seasonal and a little limited but everything on it looked delicious. We started with the roasted artichoke hearts with assorted cheeses and meat. A gracious plenty! My wife ate a beautiful chicken breast stuffed with brie covered with a creamy pear sauce and delicious gnocchi. I had the beef tenderloin and it was melt in my mouth heaven. Our server was a wonderful woman who was there when you wanted her and did not hover. The restaurant was a little chilly but that is the only negative thing I can say. Beautifully appointed and the staff and owner were friendly. We will go back!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Jrhjr13
Suffolk, Va
“Great location (close to work --Oyster Point) Great food --I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Local ingredients with a french theme, classically trained chef, excellent wine list and great servers

What more can you ask for

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank bfs1977
Newport News, Virginia
“Disappointing Easter brunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

My family went to Pearl for Easter Brunch. Pretty lame brunch. Omelets and fruit. Sliced lamb and potatoes. That was it. Food was extremely salty. Owners was omelet maker and he wasn't very good at it. Got in an arguement about price.
We cancelled our Mother's Day reservation. Not going back. Server was very good.

2 Thank bubschubs