“Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant Chain
Description: Restaurant Chain
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We usually go "out" for lunch every work day... however we dont go to applebees. When you only have an hour for lunch makes it hard to relax knowing I will have to wolf down my food or take it to go.
food is good, but not the fastest service.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is one of our shorter eating experiences. We went here about 7:00 pm and found 5 or 6 tables in plain view in the first row which were clean and empty. There were about 7 people in the really tiny hostess area sitting on the three "church benches" waiting to eat. The hostess informed us it would be 35 or 40 minutes before we could be seated and served. Keep in mind the 5 or 6 empty tables right there. My wife has problems standing for long periods, so we asked if she could be seated. The answer was "No". End of discussion, this Applebee's is off our list.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I read the two previous negative reviews with the rating of one stars. Can any restaurant really be that bad? In a word, yes. It was the dirtiest, most poorly organized, slowest chain restaurant I've ever been to, and I've dined all over the world. We stayed in the Hampton Inn next door and (after a 12-hour drive) walked to Applebee's because it was convenient. What a mistake. 20 minutes to get something to drink. Almost an hour to get two cups of french onion soup that, when it came, was cold. We seldom walk out of a restaurant but we sure walked out of that one. (Didn't help that a family seated next to us waited just as long, and was then served food with hair in it.) The so-called manager walked around in an apparent fog and appeared to resent any complaints. I have a message for Applebee's corporate: Shut this place down and fire the .manager.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Do not waste your time with this place. It is in need of a renovation or close the doors. The booth seats we were in were lumpy and torn. It took about 20 minutes to get our lunch on a weekday at 2 p.m. The order was wrong when it got there. Food was marginal. I will never go back.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

My lady and I arrived at the establishment, were greeted and shown to a table by the window. A server that spoke minimal English came to the table to take our drink order. After a series of hand jesters, followed by a bit of pointing, the server nodded and went to place our drink order. 15 minutes later our server comes to the table and says something we both don't understand. After a few minutes of pointing, we order an appetizer (still no drinks). Our drinks arrive a few minutes after the app order was placed. My lady's Cuervo Margarita was a bit weak, and the tequila was not Cuervo. It tasted like Mexico's equivalent of T-bird. My wine was a Riesling (or T-bird), not the Chardonnay I ordered. After we placed our order for the main entrees, the apps arrived. Chicken tenders are suppose to be tender, not hurt one's jaw while chewing them. I'll stop there. The main entrees were worse. The food was bland, too greasy and a big disappointment. I laugh every time I see an Apple-bee's commercial. I think, wow! another batch of customers that are going to be disappointed. The total bill was way too much for the crap we were served. I thought of asking to speak to the manager, but didn't think the server understood the English word manager. I will just not patronage any Apple-bee's again, and recommend to my friends that they don't as well.

1  Thank richdebo