“Very nice but overpriced”
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
west of Washington, DC
“Very nice but overpriced”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The atmosphere is very nice, the service was great, and the food, while small portions, was excellent. Unfortunately, the prices are not in line with what you get. I've spent more at other places, but got more in return.

• Visited July 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“excellent choice for seafood”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

small restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. chef excels in controlled use of seasonings . rockfish was well prepared special. noodle dish with shrimp and beef had excellent taste but flat iron steak left something to be desired...tough and grisly. tenderloin would have been better and at this price point better accepted. service exceptional. ambience welcoming and comfortable.wine selection : very good. we liked this place a lot and recommend it. our bill was $288 with tip. about what
we expected and not overpriced in our judgement. go and enjoy.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Glenn S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding seafood”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This local place is one of the best seafood spots on the east coast. Chef does a great job from soup, entrées, desserts, etc. Homemade soups, ice cream, specialties, etc. are always perfect. Presentations are very appealing. Menu selections are varied and prepared to perfection. This is not a typical fried food - out the door quick establishment. Eat healthy, take your time and enjoy!

1 Thank Larry R
Woodbridge, Virginia
“OMG, YUMMMMY!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here Sunday after the steak house across the courtyard only had a buffet to offer. I AM so glad this happened. We were a party of 5, who all love to 'share' good bites! The 3 course lunch menu had a very large selection and an extremely inexpensive price tag. We started with the firecracker shrimp, which was SO outstanding, we ordered more! Lightly breaded, perfectly seasoned, and so fresh! LOVED it! We also had the she crab soup, which was FULL of crab meat, rich delicious, ooh la la! there were also 2 types of salad (as I said, we tasted from all the meals) which standing alone would make a great lunch. The tuna melt was fabulous, the crab and flounder delectable, perfectly cooked, and the mahi was outstanding. My friend ordered the 'crabs benedict' which was a huge portion and quite delicious! We had 2 different deserts, chocolate cake with amazing homemade ice cream and the BEST bread pudding. I'm drooling as I write this... I only wish I could've ordered another meal, as the seafood burrito sounds wonderful! Our waitress, Sarah, was a real sweetheart. We spent over 2 hours at lunch, and never once felt hurried. I was surprised to read a comment about this place being 'pricey'. The 3 course lunches are only $15 and $25. With the quality of food, that is absurd. I will absolutely return!!

Smithfield, Virginia
“Superb service and food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took my wife to Fin Seafood for her birthday. The food and service were superb. The music was a little loud but when I asked the server to turn it down, she did it immediately. Nice to be able to buy a split of wine--all you need as a couple.