“Fin is Everything You Want From a Restaurant and More” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 453 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
California
“Fin is Everything You Want From a Restaurant and More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I go out to eat very often. We've had Fin on our list of places to dine for quite some time and last night we decided to finally give it a try. To say that we were pleased would be an understatement. We were quite impressed by their top notch service from beginning to end. All of the staff were friendly, attentive, and informative. We especially enjoyed our waiter Tommy, who made our experience a great one. We had a bottle of organic Pinot Grigio, which was the perfect compliment to our seafood dinners. We began with the firecracker shrimp, which was delicious and the portion size perfect. For dinner my husband selected the fish of the day, a Mahi-mahi, which was cooked to perfection. I had the scallops, which I am very picky about, and I have to say that they were also cooked perfectly. Everything was fresh, and the tastes were evenly-balanced. We had the donuts for dessert with some after-dinner drinks and they were a delicious ending to a phenomenal meal. From start to finish, Fin gave us a pleasurable dining experience, one that we cannot wait to have again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MakingMemories317

Amherst, Virginia
“Perfect seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Took our daughter there for her B-day. Had the frog leg appetizer, 4 lightly battered and fried legs with sauteed baby carrots and mac and cheese. WOW. I love fried frog legs and these were great, even wife and daughter liked them. We had the scallops, tautog , and salmon. Anyone who reads my reviews knows I believe seafood should be prepared naked, and does not need help. All were just perfect, cooked till done, but not overcooked. Accompanying vegetables/sides were also perfect. Service was exquisite. Yes, it is pricey, but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank btaes1
Yorktown, Virginia
“First of hopefully many visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Guided by reviews in Hampton Roads Magazine, after a doctors visit in City Center, we visited Fin for lunch. It was a beautiful day so we decided to eat in the sidewalk dining area. Service was fast and efficient and the meals were super, seared scallops and seafood burrito. The Caesar salad dressing was the best we've eaten and the flourless chocolate cake was over the top.--Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clemans P
New Braunfels, Texas
“Lunch specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I ordered the lunch special menu. What a delightful, delicious treat! The portions were perfect for lunch. Flavors were excellent. Would definitely visit again if in the area!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lbg641
Hampton, Virginia
“Surprisingly Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have eaten at Fin multiple times in the past 5 years and for the most part have found the food preparation uneven but the service excellent. I recently went there with a group of eight people for a business dinner. We all ordered a variety of dishes and to a person agreed that everything was excellent. Most notable were the cheese tray appetizers and their special take on Caesar salad--all yummy. For the main course, it was a toss-up between the fresh local rockfish or the bronzed scallops accompanied with mushroom risotto in a demi-glaze sauce. Our server noted that the scallop dish recently was voted as the best dish in Tidewater at the Williamsburg restaurant show. That tipped at least 4 of us to order the dish and to a person we agreed it was excellent. In fact, I'm taking my wife there this week so she can sample it as well. The other people in our party ordered the salmon, crab cake and seafood pasta and all commented that their dishes exceeded expectations. I would also like to comment on the excellent service. We ordered three different bottles of wines and our server remember who was drinking what. That certainly impressed me! We were too full to order desert, but the menu looked nice though pricey.

• Visited March 2013