“I like the woods and grounds of this Mansion.”
Review of Lee Hall Mansion

Lee Hall Mansion
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I went here It felt like I was pulling up to a time in the past. It was so peaceful outside I just stood in one spot and imagined myself living in that day. I could feel the people outside on the porch pouring tea and complaining about the heat of the day. Looking out over the farm talking about how well the crops were growing. It just has that quit time you need to go back in time and place yourself there. I like this feeling, I love the house. If you like transporting yourself back in time. Go here and enjoy. Stand still and imagine yourself there and what it would have been like. Love IT

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the natural beauty of the home and the grounds surrounding it. The guides are volunteers and have a great depth of knowledge. I found our guide to be energetic and very nice. The history of the home is great and its connection with the Civil War is an added bonus. A table owned by Confederate General A.P. Hill can also be viewed within the walls of this historic home. A small museum is also present and houses many historical artifacts from the Civil War period. If you have a free hour or two, I recommend stopping by and enjoying the the rich history that Lee Hall Mansion has to offer.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very informative Guide. So much history took place in this location. A lot of the furniture was not original to the location. Felt like I was in back in school

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've toured Lee Hall a couple of times. It doesn't have the deep Virginia history of some other homes in our region. It is a well preserved example of the type of house from the era.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This mansion has been restored to its original glory. We had a very interesting tour with a very informed tour guide. Small, but very interesting! A must see!

1  Thank Kevin M