All reviewswalls are thinfront officefull kitchenstaying at this hotelclean roomswould stay here againhousekeeperwilinensjefferson
Reviewed July 24, 2017

The staff at this facility was very friendly and helpful. However, when I walked into my room I was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. I'm not sure if it was cigarette or marijuana, but the room reeked of it. I woke up the next morning feeling like it was difficult to breath and my nose was stuffy, I'm guessing because of the smokey air in the room. I also walked around in my shoes because I noticed my feet were getting dirty when walking barefoot.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

Overall it's somewhere to stay for a few days but would not recommend long term. The laundry room is not well maintained, usually filthy. Seems to have a high turn over in staff. Very pet friendly but disheartening humans do not pick up behind their pet.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I booked this hotel on a whim because I stayed later than I expected visiting CNU. The hotel seems to be more of a space for people who are having hard times and need a hotel room for several nights until they can find a stable home. The room was congested and the people outside the room walking around like they lived there was disturbing. Good for just a drop-by, but I don't suggest using this as your place to settle down for several days during a relaxing family vacation.

Stayed: April 2017
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Laurie, thank you for choosing us for your overnight stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Although we make every effort to be perfect, sometimes we fall short. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make a better impression on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

I have been staying at this hotel off and on for over 8 months due to being on a work project. I have had a very good experience , while being there. Clean, safe and comfortable. The front office as well as the house keeper treated me very well and kindly. I will surely continue to use this hotel for my business travel.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2017

The hotel was nice the check in person she was nice and friendly. Although it was a quick stop I slept like a baby. I will return for the full room use later. I check in about 9:00 pm check out around 04:30

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Orlando, thank you for staying at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point. We are delighted you and your family liked our Front Desk service and had a restful sleep while here. I will be sure to share your compliments with the associate mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.