Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been staying at the hotel every weekend for the last couple of months it is very employee friendly as they have a wonderful staff plenty of restaurants nearby and overall just a excellent stay I would definitely recommend extended stay hotel for long or short term stay

• Stayed: February 2013
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the location near cnu and it being mentioned on cnu website. We pull in and are created by cars that looked like they were at one time probably part of a crime. The lady at the front desk was the only thing good about this place. She was super nice and probably should be employed elsewhere. She informed us that we were upgraded for free. Gosh help us if we ended up on the not upgraded room. We enter the room and it was nothing short of disgusting. It was dirty small and the furniture was gross. The last straw was the toilet that wouldn't flush. When we called the front desk the very nice women came And tried to teAch is how to flush our toilet by sticking our hands in the bowl and pulling the level. We then informed her we were leaving and went elsewhere. She was super nice though and fully refunded our money

• Stayed: January 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

.................................................

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very convienient to the whole Hampton Roads Area. Shopping, resturants, & "Night Spots" are very close & easy too get to, many within a 5 minute walk. Manager (Jackie) & her entire staff will make you feel like you're more of a "friend" than a paying guest. They're very attentive, polite, & ready to do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. And they're cute, to boot!
My job is "100% Travel", so I stay in LOTS of different levels of hotels. I've found this particular location to be right up in the top 2 per cent of extended stay type hotels that I've stayed in. Great value, GREATER people, & a great location. WHEN I come back to the area, I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I would like to say that Ms. Jackie and her staff have treated my coleagues and I as if we were members of their family. I have personally been staying here since July. My room was better than average for an ESA. The staff is friendly and helpful, its quiet and close to most everything you need or want. I will be returning in the near future. If your looking for a good value and a nice place to stay I strongly recommend you call Ms. Jackie she will take take of you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Its pretty quiet but not saying that you don't have your occasional incidences. I have stayed here on and off for 3 years now and have had a few issues but the manager was quick to rectify them. You get what you pay for. It's not the Hilton so don't expect 5-star service.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the building tends to be more quiet than the back side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

As a contract worker I've stayed in numerous "extended stay" hotels in the SE. This one is about average. It's fairly quiet and the staff have been very friendly and promptly take care of any issues I've had. It's pretty good value for the money. If you're in the market for somewhere to stay for a couple months, book online and get a better rate.

Room Tip: Top floor is for smokers and families, ground floor is their "recently" remodeled rooms. S...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I looked at the property online and let me tell you it is nothing like the pictures. The room was dirty, stains on walls, carpets filthy, there was a table with computer chairs that were dirty and stained, paint on cabinets chipped, faucet in kitchen dripped all night and room phone did not work. We had our grandson with us who is just 13 months old and he wanted to play on the floor and his feet would be filthy just from walking on it we had to keep his sandals on. Would never stay there again and not sure I would stay at any ESA and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Check out reviews on a site like this one, don't just look at the pictures and the reviews on th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012