“Clean, Good Breakfast offer, Near I-64 and Busch Gardens”

Quality Inn Newport News
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Clean, Good Breakfast offer, Near I-64 and Busch Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (July 22-25)...ovation wasn't hard to find, it was right of the highway...

Breakfast was GREAT!!! They had sausage, eggs, biscuits with gravy, waffles, eggs, bagels, muffins, toasts, Danish breads... Offered different juices, coffee and teas...

The hotel smelled so good... The hallways smelled good as we'll and kept clean...

Will definitely recommend to whoever comes to visit the area near Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank YIPNCEL
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for your review! We appreciate feedback from all of our guests, and we go out of our way to ensure each guest loves their stay. I am glad to see we are succeeding! I hope to see you again soon when you're in the area!

Stephen Barger
Vice President of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were traveling through to the beach on a Friday night and decided to stop for the night at 11PM. Called several hotels and all were booked but Country Suites suggested Quality Inn. We were skeptical - especially after QI had 'lots of availability' - but decided to try it. Night manager was terrific at check in - efficient yet personable and finished our check in with "I'm on duty until 7AM. Please give me a call if there's anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable." Room was very clean and cool (AC already on). Loved the little night light in the bathroom - good touch. We woke early to continue our trip and enjoyed a great shower (nice shower head), four towels and real scrambled eggs for breakfast (how often does that happen at a free breakfast?). And the price - $79 with AAA - was the best we've gotten in quite some time. Yes it was a pretty basic room (no closet??) but we were just there over night so didn't care about that. I'd put this hotel on par with Hampton Inn for quality and the service/staff was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate your wonderful review. We go out of our way to ensure each guest has as great of a stay as possible, and I look forward to having you as our guest next time you're in town!

Stephen Barger
Vice President of Operations
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I first got there, the asst general manager greeted me and was very nice, however when I got to the room, the bathroom was dirty. When the housekeeper came to clean it, she act like she didn't understand. The next day, we would out all day and when we return around midnight, the room had not been clean nor had the towels been exchanged out. When I called the front desk, he told me that I had to deal with it because he didn't have a housekeeper and the manager couldn't be reach. After I told him that I would give him 15 minutes to find a manager, he called back to change my room to only spend a whole hour trying to find a room that wasn't still dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lyla I, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

On the behalf of our entire staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

Unfortunately, a few of our housekeepers do not speak fluent English and that may have been the misunderstanding when that particular housekeeper cleaned your bathroom; therefore, I also apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that may have caused.

I am rather embarrassed by the lack of empathy and professionalism our Front Desk Agent displayed. Please let me assure you that is not how our hotel treats our guests nor how we handle issues.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Kindest Regards,
VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for a wedding. We were supposed to stay somewhere else but they gave us smoking rooms and were unable to change that reservation so we had to cancel since we have a child who has had issues with asthma in the past. This was a busy weekend in NN since there was also a Jazz festival that day so it was slim pickings. After much searching, I found this hotel and it was right across the street from the wedding reception we were attending. We were able to check in a little early and the front desk person is very nice and helpful. She gets 5 stars. She even called to check on us later. Nice touch. They were fixing the ice machine when we got there so there wasn't any ice but really no tragedy. The rooms were clean but very damp - but the weather has been so humid in VA so I am not sure who gets the blame for that. Though I will say this truly was the smallest room I have every stayed in to date. My sister was upstairs and although very small too, it seemed that my room on the first floor was even smaller if that was possible. There isn't even room for a closet in the room, well, at least the room we had. Though there are new large flat screened TV and a nice sized refrigerator and microwave in each room. It was relatively quiet and we were on the first floor below another room. We heard them a bit slamming some doors late at night but the place is still pretty quiet. We have small kids so we were all in bed by 9 pm and it was quiet and easy to fall asleep at that time. We did have an odd drip noise that I figured out was from the A/C unit above ours because when it first kicked in each time we would hear 5 to 6 drips each time. My kids didn't hear but I'm a light sleeper. The breakfast is fine - eggs, make your own waffle, muffins, cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs - plenty to eat and drink and they do well keeping it stocked. The breakfast room is a bit on the small side so if you have a huge group, you won't all be able to get in there at once. The hotel is fine, clean and small. It is not the Wynn so don't expect that but in a pinch it worked. I think we had more of an issue with some of the other patrons who were inconsiderate and didn't know what the words "excuse me" meant or how to use them but that has nothing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, Quality Inn - Newport News!

I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family in a professional and friendly manner on such short notice. Unfortunately, we are still undergoing a few renovations to improve our hotel. We have ordered custom wardrobes to match the current furnishings in each of our rooms to solve the lack of storage space for the guest's clothing. I also want to thank you for letting us know about the issue with the a/c so that I could get our maintenance team to look that over and resolve the matter; and I apologize for the lack of sleep it may have caused you!

Again, thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Best Regards,
BELLEVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

After driving over 1000 miles and Days inn screw us over on my hotel reservation we had to find another place on a Friday and holiday weekend and we did not want to go further so we came here and the Girl at the front desk did the best she could to get me the lowest rate she could after all we went through.
Still cost me more but did not want to keep looking or drive anymore.
Only issue was a bunch of kids the floor above that were making lots of noise at midnight and after talking to the desk still were noisy till 2am.

Room Tip: They have Breakfast at Hotel and is not bad if you want to save a few bucks.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lyla I, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs during your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate and value your positive feedback and will share it with our staff to serve as encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for each and every one of our guests. I also apologize for the noise that occurred in the hallways by other guests during your stay. In addition to your wonderful comments, I will share this information with our staff to ensure that we monitor our Hotel in a better manner to prevent this from happening again.

On the behalf of the entire staff, thank you again for choosing our Hotel and sharing your experience. I hope that you had a very wonderful holiday weekend and wish you a safe trip home! We hope that your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Assistant General Manager
Quality Inn
(757)595-8888
Germantown, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well, I would have to say, you get what you pay for. Room was relatively clean. You can tell that it was an older property. It was quiet and I got a good night's sleep. The next time that I am in the area, however, I will probably choose a different property for lodging.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lyla I, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
On the behalf of the entire staff of Quality Inn - Newport News, thank you for choosing our Hotel and taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us!

We take pride in striving to make each every guest's stay a pleasant one. Unfortunately, this was not the case during your stay, and therefore, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. The property is an older building, however, we have made renovations since last summer and have been continuing to make changes to our Hotel since then. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we will be using the feedback you provided in your review to continue to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

If you will please contact me directly to include any and all issues with your stay, I would greatly appreciate it so that I may speak with the appropriate staff to fix them immediately.

I thank you again for staying at our Hotel, and I hope that we may be able to make the appropriate improvements in hopes that you may consider our hotel once again.

Kindest Regards,

Assistant General Manager
Quality Inn
945 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601
Shenandoah, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My only complaint about this hotel is no elevator...and that's only because I'm fat and my room was on the third floor. The room was clean. The staff could not have been better. It was a great stay. I will say the bacon in the breakfast area looked scary but was actually good. I will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business