“Not a good value for your money...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center

Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Based on a stay a family member had there previously we reserved 8 rooms under our reunion name. When we got there,two of the rooms had not been reserved and we were all scattered over 3 floors. I had no complaint about my room itself (other than there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom). In fact I was happy about the fact that the 2 rooms I had booked were adjourning as my brother is handicapped and I was able to easily check in on him.
The trash on the outside entry way could have been emptied. Each morning of our 2 night stay as we sat outside waiting to gather, you couldn't help but notice the trash can overflowing(the same trash).Now other than having to go up and down the stairs/elevator for all the rooms I had a fairly nice stay(no key problems as the others had). BUT, when I got ready to leave my problem happened...my husband and I took our luggage to the car but left my purse and our food in the refrigerator (wasn't cold). We sat on the bench outside for a while and chatted with family and other guest.When I went back to my room to heat up some food to take my medicine I found the doors to both rooms open and the beds stripped. I was told they thought we had checked out because our things were gone and they thought we were part of the basketball group that was there. BUT MY PURSE WAS IN THERE AND I STILL HAD THE KEYS!!! I was told my purse was at the front desk. I didn't blame them as they were doing what they were told. The front desk had a well whatever attitude and asked if I wanted to check out then. Hello, evidently you already checked me out. Oh yeah and the safe did not work and I would have had to wait for the one person that knows how to fix them to come in at 8:30. You are charged for the luxury of looking at the safe. This I found out on the first morning. I do hope this helps someone in deciding to stay or not. The staff was extremely nice with the exception of the one who had my purse. She acted if she could less that they entered my room and I had not checked out yet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
#6 of 40 in Newport News
4.0 of 5 stars 179 reviews

Been to Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center? Share your experiences!