“Water Main busted”

Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed December 11, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The staff was great and accommodating but, the water pressure went out the second day of my four day stay due to a ruptured main line. I got through it okay. Look forward to future stays.

Carnell,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and thank you for understanding. We also look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Room was dirty smelled like something died. Registered with party of 4, towels enough for three skimpy horrible towels and wash cloths. Had to spray cologne in room to make it smell good. Breakfast the next day consisted of horrible coffee, horrible watered down OJ ,mini muffin's and Danish. After our so called breakfast returned to room to get ready for the day opened up the ironing board someone had used it as a eating table crumbs and dry food all over it. No iron No Coffee Carafe in room. We saw people that night sitting in the room where they serve breakfast . Their is a flat screen TV a computer and tables and chairs they were playing cards which I assumed was available for residents of the hotel to enjoy. The next day my husband and I decided to sit in that room while they were cleaning our room, we were told to leave out of there it was closed I said my room was 121 we were guests she was very nasty and said we could not stay in there. We then had to wait outside which was freezing cold about 50's and very windy it was October . Also bed was like sleeping on a board, pillows were not even pillows they were foam cut in half put in a pillowcase. I have never stayed in such a dirty smelly hotel with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Run do not walk away from this horrible hotel. Oh and when we turned the heat on in the room it stayed on for a few minutes and shut off so we were cold all night.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Microtel on Operations Drive New Port News and was not anything fancy but, a lot be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I am very sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one. We are making changes to the hotel and the breakfast as well.

I am going to address the staff about the customer service you received, we take pride in providing our guest with the best, and I am very disappointed you received less than that. If you are back in the area please stop by and see that your opinion matters and the changes we are continuing to make.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for Phish in Hampton. The staff was very nice, the room was just what we needed. It was comfortable and quiet. We liked the micro-fridge in the room. The price was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area and we liked that it was a pretty short drive without getting on the highway to get to the Coliseum. Have no regrets!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Being said that I was searching for affordability and did not have great expectations of this particular establishment, the customer service exceeded any hotel I have ever stayed. Arnita in particular (as well as the others) went beyond the call of duty to help me during my stay. No words can express my gratitude for her patience and kindness!

• Stayed: October 2013
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. I am ecstatic to share with Arnita and the staff your review. We look forward to having you back and continuing to grow with us.