“Excellent customer servive”

Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Being said that I was searching for affordability and did not have great expectations of this particular establishment, the customer service exceeded any hotel I have ever stayed. Arnita in particular (as well as the others) went beyond the call of duty to help me during my stay. No words can express my gratitude for her patience and kindness!

• Stayed: October 2013
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. I am ecstatic to share with Arnita and the staff your review. We look forward to having you back and continuing to grow with us.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Building is run down, definitely needs some updating and cleaning. Front desk clerk very nice and very helpful...checked in early just to get some rest. Hotel looks very old and is falling apart. Looks as though they are doing some kind of construction, not sure on what. Room was a decent size and had a king sized bed, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. The decor could certainly use some updating. Old tv but worked fine. Had a family emergency and had to leave abruptly and forgot to check out, called and they allowed me to do so over the phone. Price was great but don't know if I would actually stay there again unless there was nothing else available.

Stayed: October 2013
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

We appreciate you choosing the Days Inn City Center for your lodging needs while in the area and taking the time to share your experience. We are currently under renovations and hoping they will be completed soon. I look forward to your return and experience us at our best!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 1, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff at the hotel was great. The room was adequate. It would have been nice if they had applied my AAA discount but since I booked if via their call center (spoke very poor English) the hotel could not apply the discount. The breakfast was disappointing, but again it was okay- cereal, muffins, coffee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm delighted to see the staff was friendly and your stay went well. We are taking your opinion and others and reconsidering the options for our continental breakfast.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Do not book this hotel. It should not even be one star. We had two rooms and both were extremely filthy. One room had an open soap in the bathroom and the other had no appliances. The iron holder was on the wall with no iron, there was coffee and sugar but no coffee machine. The room was FILLED with white powder dust along the sides, as if someone was sanding the walls and left it all there. The carpet had nasty stains on it. Both room bathrooms were filled with disgusting odor and dirt and black marks all over it. the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off. The pillows were like cases filled with bunched up newspaper. The curtains did not close all the way and let in the bright street lights inside, and the bright sunlight at 5am. I usually sleep in my tank top but decided to sleep in full sleeves to protect myself from being infected with anything. I would have left if my reservations weren't non-refundable.

Please do not get me started about the breakfast. Consists of bread, two cereals (Fruit loops and frosted flakes), milk, coffee, and muffins. ALL bread was finished when I went, attendant said the rest was frozen and saved for next day - moral of story? FROZEN BREAKFAST. I had no breakfast - no refilling of milk or bread. I ate at cracker barrel instead.

Management seems to be replying to the reviews, but that is all they do. They need to stop being so greedy and put these nasty rooms out-of-service. Forget the few bucks and protect your customers from the hazardous, disgusting conditions. Your reply of 'thank you for letting us know' is completely useless for those of us that have gone through the misery of staying in your rooms.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank love2lovetravel
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Good Morning,

I apologize about your stay, but as you have noticed we are under renovations, we have started by paining the rooms and redoing the hallways. Now that the season is over we are able to aggressively work on the other issues. We take our guests opinion very seriously and are working continuously on making the changes necessary to ensure our guests are satisfied. Once we are completed with everything I would like to welcome you back and prove to you we care.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we value your opinion.