“Smelly Elevator & poor breakfast”

Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul E
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The room was fair considering the price of the room. The staff was friendly. There were no washcloths available my first night, but received two the next morning although there were three guests in the room. I would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CPClarke

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn City Center for your lodging needs. I'm glad everything went well during your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

You get what you pay for. This hotel looks pretty bad with a tattered appearance and smokey smelling hallways. Once you get to the room it's not too bad. The rooms are clean and the bath well equipped and very clean. The towels are a great way to defoliate though. Forget the breakfast though as it was sparse at best. It is in a good central location and easy to access. Good for a short stay. Once again what can you expect for $40.00 a night. People at the desk were very friendly, a big plus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the area. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. i appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although the price and location is great, I was disapointed in the overall experience. @ of the electriclal outlets did not work. Furniture had not been put back in their proper place, a container of adhesive corks had been left on the tv. 2 dried debris were on the bathroom floor ( I scraped them up) The bathroom fan seemed below par.The manager?owner? came into the room without notice to do an inventory. I felt my space had been violated . There was a safe charge to the roms (I booked 2) The safe was very hidden and I did not check the bill after receiving it ,so did not dispute in a timely manner. The apple juice was out both days. Good location & price but could have done a lot better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wyndham P
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are still in the renovation stages and apologize you were inconvienced by this, as we are switching out the furniture. I do hope you will give us another chance and show you we value you and your opinion.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KAREN B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dont let the low rate fool you. This is not any normal Days Inn with respect to quality and cleanliness. It is not what I was used to. I have stayed here a couple of times out of convenience but I will not make the mistake again. The rooms are old and in need of updating and are often times not clean. The last time I stayed there, I returned to my room after going out to lunch and found that housekeeping had been in my room. Someone had also gone crap in my bathroom without flushing. I assume that it was someone on staff. It was disgusting.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank edward d
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I apologize your stay was less than perfect. We are undergoing renovations and this may take some time, but once we are complete I would like to ask you to revisit us again and see that your feedback is important and that we value you as a guest.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GEORGE H
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012