“not a good experience”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Richmond
“not a good experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although the price and location is great, I was disapointed in the overall experience. @ of the electriclal outlets did not work. Furniture had not been put back in their proper place, a container of adhesive corks had been left on the tv. 2 dried debris were on the bathroom floor ( I scraped them up) The bathroom fan seemed below par.The manager?owner? came into the room without notice to do an inventory. I felt my space had been violated . There was a safe charge to the roms (I booked 2) The safe was very hidden and I did not check the bill after receiving it ,so did not dispute in a timely manner. The apple juice was out both days. Good location & price but could have done a lot better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Wyndham P
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are still in the renovation stages and apologize you were inconvienced by this, as we are switching out the furniture. I do hope you will give us another chance and show you we value you and your opinion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dont let the low rate fool you. This is not any normal Days Inn with respect to quality and cleanliness. It is not what I was used to. I have stayed here a couple of times out of convenience but I will not make the mistake again. The rooms are old and in need of updating and are often times not clean. The last time I stayed there, I returned to my room after going out to lunch and found that housekeeping had been in my room. Someone had also gone crap in my bathroom without flushing. I assume that it was someone on staff. It was disgusting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank edward d
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I apologize your stay was less than perfect. We are undergoing renovations and this may take some time, but once we are complete I would like to ask you to revisit us again and see that your feedback is important and that we value you as a guest.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2012

With the extremely low Hotels.com price, I wasn't expecting too much from this Days Inn - but was pleasantly surprised. Because my stay was for over a week, the staff bent over backwards to accommodate, kudo's to front desk manager Shirley. Housekeeping for my room was just excellent. Bathroom was spotless, shower nice and strong, furniture well dusted and carpet well vacuumed. First floor, where I was located, was wonderfully quiet the entire week. Snack breakfast was just that, nothing more -- but just what this harried traveler needed. The rooms and furnishings are starting to show some age, but I'm told that renovation begins mid-December 2012, with every room getting modernized, in a blocked phased effort. Located in an office park and not far from all the restaurants at Oyster Point/Patrick Henry area, the location worked very well for me. The only downside for me was the cluster of smokers just outside the main front door. I had to hold my breath to get through the cloud. But this certainly didn't outweigh the the pluses. I would come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Newport News/Oyster Point at City Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Mr. Ron for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to hear that everything was fine during your time with us at Days Inn City Center. We are excited about the upgrading of our facility and look forward to your next visit and see the changes we are making.