Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have been staying here weekly since Dec 2009 andhave nothing to say but good comments. Staff is excellent. Each week they welcome me home ( and I tell them I spend more time here than at home). From check-in through breakfast, all staff is great.
Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Dave "Bear" Vess
Tompkins Builders Inc.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
MrsVerde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point), responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear Mr. Vess,
We feel very lucky to have the opportunity to be able to serve you over the past year. Getting to know our guests and giving them a place where they feel comfortable and welcome is the best part of our job. Thank you so much for the lovely comments and we'll see you next week!
Warmest regards,
Rachel Green

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Reviewed December 3, 2010

This is not my first stay at this facility and like each previous stay I have found the staff to be most curteous, helpful, pleasant, and responsive. The housekeeping staff is terrific, the front desk personnel most friendly, and the facility is well kept and maintained. I will stay here again when in the Newport News area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

really enjoyed my stay, service was excellent, the staff was warm, courteous and kind. breakfast was good except for i dont eat pork and they put pork in the eggs one morning and carolyn offered to cook some just for me. Ms. Underdue was a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel is fantastic! There definitely isn't a better location, it's very convenient to I64 and it's on the main drag in Newport News, surrounded by restaurants and shopping.
They have a deal with Bally's Fitness next to the hotel, so if you're a guest you can exercise there for free. The staff was wonderful! Helpful and super friendly. Rooms were clean and the breakfast was awesome. This is the place to stay in Newport News!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel and we absolutely loved it! The room was clean. We checked in around 1230 am with no problems. This hotel is very convienient to the highway, restaurants, etc. We are planning to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Two friends and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on Jefferson Ave in Newport News, Va.and I must write about our stay. This Hampton Inn was in an excellent location (across from a Mall) very clean, the beds were wonderful, we had a great breakfast, especially the western omelette. All this in itself was outstanding but what really impressed us was the Staff. It has been a very long time since the three of us can recall staying in a hotel where we were treated as well. Everyone was GREAT. We certainly felt welcomed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2009

In town for college orientation at Christopher Newport University, I changed my reservation from the Marriott to this hotel based on the reviews of the Marriott. I am glad I did and saved money while I was at it. I stayed two nights; son one night (he stayed at the University on the 2nd night). We had a standard double room. The beds were very comfortable with nice bedding. The bed covers seemed a little strange at first, with these unusual lumps inherent into the bedding. But they were very comfortable. Good sized flat screen TV and micro-fridge were also part of the room. The bath was pleasantly decorated. I especially liked the corner vanity without cabinet doors, where the towels were placed. It made for a very homey look.

The hotel wraps around the pool in a U shape. Some pool toys are available. Elevators on either side were readily available when needed. I was two doors down from the Elevator and Ice Machines and didn't hear either at all. 2 PCs in the lobby were available 90% of the time I needed one. Continental breakfast was typical. Hotel is just west from the Patrick Henry Mall (hotel's website is misleading, it appears to be east of the mall on the map but it is not). Easy on and off of I64.

Tara at the front desk recommended a local seafood place (non-chain) which was good (Slightly Up the Creek). Hotel was less than a 10 minute drive the University on main roads; regular traffic.

Only two things that I found lacking are the windows don't open, even a little. I like fresh air and the AC was loud coming on and off at night. Also, need more outlets for cell phone and laptop chargers.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Marriott Hotel Newport News at City Center
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
#7 of 39 in Newport News

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)? Share your experiences!